What movie made you cry? (1 Viewer)

Ellasdaddy

Flush
Reaction score
This topic came up in conversation amongst friends, by one of the wives in our group probing us husbands. I found the responses and context surprising and intense in some cases, with some modifiers also thrown in like “unexpected cries” and “hardest cries”... Thought I’d pose the question to the community, not just the guys.

My response in that conversation was Big Fish. The ending of that movie just tore me up. I’ll choose another, more recent watch here to get things rolling further, that being Coco. It marked the first time my 6 yr old daughter ever cried while watching anything so it was landmark for me, and boy did that finale brutalize us. I wept openly, and my little girl told me “its ok daddy, this is very sad”.

Many other choices, because I’m mushy like that.

I'ved shed a tear here and there but the one that hit me the most was Marley and Me. Having lost our family pet, that one really hit hard.

Coco made me tear up too, and I remember Toy Story 3 being so sad that I never want to watch it again. The scene in Inside Out with her imaginary friend too. What's the deal with Pixar making such sad movies?

Easy... I sat mesmerized by this force-de-triumph of a movie. The Power of One. Sad at several points, but overall, extremely uplifting. One of the best movies of All Time!

The trailer (kinda lame)

A preview clip (shows some of the story/interaction better)

Last edited:
Chariots of Fire. Several scenes, but especially the scene with Sam Mussabini (Ian Holm) alone in his hotel room, sitting on the bed listening to the radio broadcast of the race he can't attend.

Also "Farewell Mr. Bunting". It is a short film but still very touching.

The ending of Without a Trace. (1983)

That one where @Hobbyphilic was testing the break-ability of chips. #ohthehumanity

Edit: Dammit someone beat me to it. That Vinyards chip is even worse that the one I saw.

Yeah . . . Schindler's List was riveting fiction.

As to the question . . . the following movies have brought tears to my eyes:

Brian's Song
Something for Joey

No idea why . . . but they do.

Schindler's List was a great movie but I didn't cry cuz it was still a movie

Some funny replies. In all seriousness, Saving Private Ryan hits me hard everytime. It's the scene at the end when he falls to his knees in Arlington. There have been plenty of movies though that I've teared up.

Hyena Road. Only because I've lived it. Not Afghanistan, but Bosnia/Croatia.
Black Hawk Down. I was in country at the stadium when this all went down.

For some of us older farts, it was Platoon. Not tears, but wiggling in the seat -- way too close for comfort.

Like 1000 sports movies make me cry. Just a little blurry eyed, but it happens A LOT. It's predictable and sad. Rocky, Hoosiers, Remember the Titans, The Replacements...bad or good, well made or terrible, they all seem to get me. My wife pretends not to notice.

Black Hawk Down always makes me cry. Several of the scenes. I consider this to be legitimate, as opposed to my "random sports movie cry."

As a relatively new dad, Inside Out killed me.

A seriously unexpected cry I can recall was the end of Armageddon. Bruce Willis’ farewell on the screens and then his picture at the wedding. Didn’t see that coming.

I don’t usually get teary at just any old sports movie, but the two that turn me into a dripping mess every time are Remember the Titans and Miracle... oof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom