what kind of poker chips do you guys use? (1 Viewer)

I may be totally misunderstanding this community, but I think 90%+ of the people who have been here for at least a year have (or have had and decided they didn't like) a set of Paulson chips.

Of those I would guess less than 5% of them leave the Paulson's on the shelf and don't play them, instead deciding to play with a cheap set so their Paulson's don't get hurt.

I know these $0cash value "collectable" poker chips are expensive, but I feel like the majority of the people here have, love and use a Paulson or comparable set of chips.

We use a Paulsons Pharaoh in our $1/$1 100bb buy in. its funny as the cost of the chip is higher than the face value we are playing>>> Haha!

I use the cash club set which I assume are just China clays. Me and my buddies love em though and until I get enough money for nicer ones these will have to do :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 146
If pr0n is the purpose of this thread, here are my just three sets, all of them clay:

CPC A-mold cash set

View attachment 537206
View attachment 537207

CPC A-mold tournament set
View attachment 537208

Paulson THC re-labelled (labelled-over) cash set
View attachment 537210

I have also kept a custom-labelled plastic-slugged set (which does NOT count as a set here) for rural travel use.
Interestingly, I 've only used it once (teaching poker to godchildren in a mountainous village) since I acquired the clay sets.
Your Athenian Owl Chips are amazing! I may just have to use them as inspiration for my customs. Because my quail looks pretty similar to your owl.

Your Athenian Owl Chips are amazing! I may just have to use them as inspiration for my customs. Because my quail looks pretty similar to your owl.
Many thanks man for your kind words!:)
My late father, as a teenager back in the 1940s once shot a quail and his mom (my grandmother) cooked it for him but he couldn't eat it out of guilt (he had seen the quail's spouse flying away in despair and he realised he had separated a couple forever). He quit hunting ever since.

Many thanks man for your kind words!:)
My late father, as a teenager back in the 1940s once shot a quail and his mom (my grandmother) cooked it for him but he couldn't eat it out of guilt (he had seen the quail's spouse flying away in despair and he realised he had separated a couple forever). He quit hunting ever since.
Damn that is one hell of a story.

The background for my quail seems a bit cheesy in comparison. It is the name of my homebrewery, because its the name of the apartment complex I was living in at the time.

I’ve played every chip I’ve ever owned. Paulson BCC TRK ASM Chipco all of them. Why own if you’re not playing them. Right now I own 5 sets none of them Paulsons but I love each set. Chipco, 2 ASM, 2 BCC.

When my recent purchases arrive, I’ll be the proud owner of 4 sets of Paulsons and 1 set of CPCs, all cash sets.

I do have a tournament set of cards mold chips on order and plan on ordering a cash set on the cards mold chips as well.

Of those I would guess less than 5% of them leave the Paulson's on the shelf and don't play them, instead deciding to play with a cheap set so their Paulson's don't get hurt.
I suspect the number of people who buy and dont play their chips is much higher based on the number of mint chips go up for sale long after thr initial sale.

I suspect the number of people who buy and dont play their chips is much higher based on the number of mint chips go up for sale long after thr initial sale.

I get that, but the amount of use you have to put on a set to show any sort of wear is pretty significant. Couple that with the fact that many people have multiple sets.... one would have to play a ton of poker to wear their chips down in a home game setting.

I get that, but the amount of use you have to put on a set to show any sort of wear is pretty significant. Couple that with the fact that many people have multiple sets.... one would have to play a ton of poker to wear their chips down in a home game setting.
I would say it is safe to say it is virtually impossible to wear compression molded chips down significantly in a home game environment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom