What Is Your Favorite Phone Company? (1 Viewer)

dannyboy

High Hand
Reaction score
My favorite phone company is Sprint. I never go wrong with them. I like the accessories their phones have and from MY experience, they have pretty good customer service.

I am with a small phone company and there customer service sucks there phone service is worse but there Internet is the best we can get and we don't have a choice because the part of province I live in is only serviced by them

My cell is with telus and I like them I just have to set them straight every so often.

I have Virgin Mobile and couldn't be happier. I pay like $26/month for plenty of minutes and unlimited text and web. Grandfathered in though, think the plan is $35/month now for new guys.

I can't tell. I'm not happy with any choices. Sprint sucks in my area and charge you for completely unnecessary things. I had a Verizon for work but the phone went in and out of service constantly. Two or three companies essentially have a monopoly, and they can deliver sub-par service.

I have had Virgin Mobile in the past and i liked it. Virgin Mobile is probably the best phone company in terms of payments. The payment plans were very simple when i had their phone. I just like Sprint better because of the features they provide.

I have my phones with Rogers. It now looks like Verizon is coming to Canada, which will either inspire the incumbents to rise to mediocre, or will just cause a whole lot of "that's unfair" comments (the mudslinging has already started). Based on everything I've read, Verizon's service is nothing to write home about. Should be interesting.

Dave

The problem with Canada's set-up for things like utilities (phone, gas, hydor, etc.) is that they started as monopolies (like Bell) that have now turned into entrenched oligopolies. In the cell phone market there are only 3 players, so to expect cut-throat competition is ludicrous. Verizon's entry to the market, when and if it comes, will not change things much. They will not undercut the current market leaders by much if any. what they will probably do is offer some ridic short term discounts to garner market share, but then tailor things to be very close to the current market leaders.

Rogers SUCKS.

I'm with Rogers in Canada, no problems at all with cell service but the prices are ridiculous even with a discount I get from work.

I have Verizon and I'm grandfathered into the unlimited 4G data plan so that's kind of cool but I hate my phone. I got a Droid Razr about 2 years ago and of course like 3 weeks later they came out with the razr with extended battery. I hardly use my phone and I'm lucky if it makes it 12 hours without dying.

Makes me wonder what would happen if everyone dumped their cellies and went back to land lines . . . glorious chaos in the Telco Towers . . .

Have you seen what Bell charges for a land line? They still have a separate monthly fee ($2.80) for touch tone service (see here). Seriously, how many people use a rotary phone?

I don't like any of them, but of Bell, Telus, and Rogers, Rogers makes me puke the least.

Favorite phone company? That's like saying, "What's your favorite communicable disease?"

There are some phone companies that can be a pain in the rear end but for the most part i have never had an issue with any company.

Have you seen what Bell charges for a land line? They still have a separate monthly fee ($2.80) for touch tone service (see here). Seriously, how many people use a rotary phone?

Actually, until my Father sold the family home 4 years ago, he did. Several years before, Bell added the "Touch tone" charge to his bill one month. Dad called and told them what was what, and they removed it right away.

I really want to dump my home phone service just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Anybody use any of those basic talk/magic jack things from walmart?

Actually, until my Father sold the family home 4 years ago, he did. Several years before, Bell added the "Touch tone" charge to his bill one month. Dad called and told them what was what, and they removed it right away.

That's so cool...more power to him. He's in the minority, though. I think touch tone service has been around long enough that the need to have a surcharge to pay for conversion from rotary to touch tone has long since passed. It's simply a blatant cash grab.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom