What is your favorite Monopoly™ game piece? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'll start,

Give me the Roadster or catch my 11-year old hands bro. You weren't slowing down my car addiction.

If they were willing to catch these hands I'd switch it up and be classy. Gimme the top-hat as second choice.

Anybody have any crazy stories playing this game?

We played monopoly for cash in business school. $150 buy in for $1,500 in monopoly money, winner takes all. It was an extra credit project for a class.

There are a lot of things possible in monopoly with some creative rule interpretation. We were allowed to make DEALs - things like I'll sell you my railroad, the price is $50 plus a quarter of all rents in the future plus free rides when I land on my previous property. But there aren't courts, the deals are gentlemen's arrangements. Plus going broke can derail a deal.

One of the things we learned is trust can be hard to obtain and easy to lose. There was one guy that was really slimy, but effective at winning. I wouldn't lend him a nickel or even agree to split the check at What-a-Burger. But he did go on to make hundreds of millions of dollars. ( and I still think he would screw you out of a dollar if given the chance )

Those were pretty interesting games.

As for favorite pieces, the car was my choice. But I had a silver nickel that I would use if allowed to.

DrStrange

This guy because who doesn’t like being “the man” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
D4B55020-5822-449E-87C7-B78A256E4976.jpeg

Friend and I would play heads up Monopoly weekly for a bit. I'd grab the thimble. He'd go to his mom's sewing kit and grab a real thimble and use that. Pretty solid move.

I never cared what piece I had. I would grab a random piece out of the box and roll with.

I have no idea how many games of this I played with Jake. Normally we played heads up. The daughters/wife wanted nothing to do with it.

One of my favorite sets. I've complimented them several times. I love the simplicity of the railroads. I've often thought about going the "Monopoly" design route myself. Simply for nostalgia reasons from the time spent with my son when he was a little.

We usually played two to three times a week lol.

Monopoly story…played a couple years back with my wife’s sisters family. While trades were legal, no one traded. Not with me, not with each other, none. We just went round and round the board.

A couple hours, the tilt started to set in and I was proposing more and more lopsided trades (in favor of the other person). To the point like give me a 3rd railroad, I’ll complete your Fuschia monopoly. Nope. I quit.

A couple hours later they called it a draw

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom