What is the best basci cash game book for total beginners?

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
There isn't a really good answer to this.

How many players?
Budget?
Stakes?

are just a few questions.

I went cheap with my first set of chips. It ended up costing me. After a few months I wanted more, better chips. Had to sell the cheap ones, buy a better set and so on and so on and so on.

Do you prefer ceramics? clays? interested in customs? do you know the difference?

I would recommend ordering samples. You can probably post a wanted thread here looking for different samples of cheap to moderate priced chips.

Check out the marketplace here on PCF. We (well, they) have several vendors that sell chips at a variety of prices http://www.pokerchipforum.com/forumdisplay.php/20-Marketplace

Don't rush into purchasing a set that you will later regret. Take your time, do your research, check out the vendors.

Good Luck

Bill

fwiw, I've always enjoyed the hunt for a new set.

atomiktoaster

Full House
Reaction score
The question was about a book, not chips...

There isn't a really good answer to this.

How many players?
Budget?
Stakes?

are just a few questions.

I went cheap with my first set of chips. It ended up costing me. After a few months I wanted more, better chips. Had to sell the cheap ones, buy a better set and so on and so on and so on.

Do you prefer ceramics? clays? interested in customs? do you know the difference?

I would recommend ordering samples. You can probably post a wanted thread here looking for different samples of cheap to moderate priced chips.

Check out the marketplace here on PCF. We (well, they) have several vendors that sell chips at a variety of prices http://www.pokerchipforum.com/forumdisplay.php/20-Marketplace

Don't rush into purchasing a set that you will later regret. Take your time, do your research, check out the vendors.

Good Luck

Bill

fwiw, I've always enjoyed the hunt for a new set.

ssanel54

Flush
Reaction score
I think you need to clarify what you mean by "total beginners"

For example - Do they know how the game is played and hand rankings? Do they understand the basic strategies? Are they tournament players who are now starting cash games etc.

Once we know what you really mean, then it will be easier to recommend a book.

Pinball

Flush
Reaction score
total beginner is more related to cash game. I speak about a player who has some experience in sng and mtt but has never played any cash game before.

(Full Ring / Live / 1/2$)

courage

Full House
Reaction score
Ed Miller Small Stakes Hold em, or Professional No Limit Hold 'em volume 1 by Flynn, Mehta, Miller are good to start.

Top Bottom