What is the 2nd Best Chip Vendor to order custom clays? (1 Viewer)

One of the ironically nice things about showing up to this hobby a few years too late - fewer things to regret.
I wasn’t late. I just hesitated when Dennis and I were talking about a custom set. Then he retired and closed shop. :(

I need that DeLorean.

I wonder what would happen to the value of CPC sets, if they closed up shop tomorrow.
Honestly not much imo. Not many sell their customs… and cpc is already pricey. But the ability to create your own one of kind clays is a unique one that I would hate to see go away.

Honestly not much imo. Not many sell their customs… and cpc is already pricey. But the ability to create your own one of kind clays is a unique one that I would hate to see go away.
I think they’d increase in value.
I think one of the reasons that not many people sell their customs is that they’d lose a lot of money. Because why would you body somebody else’s customs, when you can just order your own?
But if the last clay option left the market, I could see people paying over retail for other people’s sets. Given that so many of the molds are better than RHC, and they’re SO easy to relabel? I could see it.

I think one of the reasons that not many people sell their customs is that they’d lose a lot of money. Because why would you body somebody else’s customs, when you can just order your own?
But if the last clay option left the market, I could see people paying over retail for other people’s sets. Given that so many of the molds are better than RHC, and they’re SO easy to relabel? I could see it.
I agree, but I bet it wouldn’t happen for a few years. And not a large exponential increase imo. Bcc customs were “cheap” per chip compared to CPC

BCC was notorious for poor quality control. Many people had spinners or issues with spots popping out. But when they did it right they were amazing. You could even option for heavy weight which they would add metallic flakes to make them heavier (like 90s paulsons). I had a set of. BCC high rollers v2 and I loved them. They got a lot of play. But I sadly sold them about 8 years ago

C39B2AF8-3947-4513-9347-09E6B21A080D.jpeg

Guess I’ll design a few more CPC sets…

Relabeled using @Gear label or doing yourself DIY if you had the skillset on NM Mint condition RHC could be doable with $600 for a Small set (300-400 chips depend on your colour choice)

Unless you went with customs that are generic. For example we all know @Quicksilver-75 designed my favorite design ever the Silver Tounged Devils. They are his customs but at the same time anyone could buy that set and claim is as their own (ask me how I know! Lol)
20200307_214724.jpg

Now something like "Sam's Poker Room" yeah I don't see that having a very high resale value... but eventually if CPC stopped selling chips or were bought out by the monster GPI, at some point people would start buying CPCs, murder and begging relabeling them, it has already happened with some older ASM chips.

Another thing to keep in mind with the generic chip designs. Some people here just want to spend money and buy awesome chips! Many lack the artistic eye of creating a show stopping set. So if an option like Pillage N Plunder, Rosie's Bayou, Black Cats, Casa Mangos or Tommy's Broken Bells were to become available they would likely be interested even with a premium mark up as the work is already done... you don't have to spend hundreds of hours debating edge spots or denomination sizing.

If CPC stopped selling tomorrow... I would personally love to see what @Eloe2000 new CPCs would bring at auction a year from now! I think even if they went to auction right now they would go for much more than he has in them. Close down CPC and OMG that would be a fun auction to watch!

If you're in a hurry, I have ceramics (from BRPro) that can fit your budget, they are non denom 43mm customs, new never fondled by creepy old men, well only a few times and only one creepy old dude :rolleyes: (aka never felted)

fersail.jpeg

Do the Apache Royal/Majestics fit in a normal size rack?
nope they are 43mm, CPCs are going to be 39mm, I mean there are two molds for 43mm but by and large CPC is 39mm

If you're in a hurry, I have ceramics (from BRPro) that can fit your budget, they are non denom 43mm customs, new never fondled by creepy old men, well only a few times and only one creepy old dude :rolleyes: (aka never felted)

View attachment 853292

nope they are 43mm, CPCs are going to be 39mm, I mean there are two molds for 43mm but by and large CPC is 39mm
Thanks but I'm going to do Custom with business logo on chip.

I think you'll find budget and custom to be antonyms / oxymorons - let us know how your venture fairs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom