What is everyone's favorite poker set? (1 Viewer)

Agree that super large cash sets don't nake a lot of sense
Mehhhhhhhh…this hobby doesn’t make sense.

Same as any other hobby. Some guys have 5-6 cars. Doesn’t make sense but it’s common. It’s what you love and you do it. Function or form have nothing to do with it. Definitely not about sense. Lol

Let’s not mislead the new guy. A 700 chip set is not “a small piece.” It’s actually an indulgent size, since most PCFers, if forced to be honest, would agree that a 600 chip set is plenty for a single cash table for most typical home games.
These 1,000 - 2,000 piece sets that people like to show off here - a lot of wonderful things can be said about them, but they’re excessive.
So true, but, you know, m0ar is better, right?!

I’ve convinced myself that 820 chips (120x fracs, 300x 1, 300x 5, 80x 20/25, 20x 100) is the absolute minimum qty I could possibly work with.

But as you wrote, I could get by with far less for the majority of my games, especially if I put the higher denominations into full use (I never get $100s into play).

Still, putting together huge sets is fun and they sure look good in photos :ninja:

So true, but, you know, m0ar is better, right?!

I’ve convinced myself that 820 chips (120x fracs, 300x 1, 300x 5, 80x 20/25, 20x 100) is the absolute minimum qty I could possibly work with.

But as you wrote, I could get by with far less for the majority of my games, especially if I put the higher denominations into full use (I never get $100s into play).

Still, putting together huge sets is fun and they sure look good in photos :ninja:
Started making a microstakes set....and added on a barrel of $100s just in case. JUST IN CASE!

Totally agree. I have to make an effort to unplug from these shenanigans and do a real chip/value count of my chip set. I then compare it to the cash we had on the table in our last 0.25/0.25 game. Needless to say, my barrels of $500s and $100s will never see the felt, but I got them in my rack just the same. Nothing logical about that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom