What is a "Grail" set? (2 Viewers)

Interesting..... because I both acquired -- and then later sold -- three two of those sets you listed.
actually two.. he said RVCL CASH set.. I suspect you might not have sold the $1s and $5s if you had them.

Still counts -- I had 3/5ths of the denominations (half if including the 50c chips). :p

Here is a little bean spilling.. 3 racks of my RVCL $5s came from Spinettis! :eek::eek::eek:
Sitting right under our noses for who knows how long!
Mikko told me he didn't remember when or where he got them (he only had the 3 racks of $5s and a few racks each of the $25 pri and sec)
It was a fluke that I found out he had them when discussing other chips with Mikko.

View attachment 259892

Was this last year? I got the primary (?) / secondary (?) $25s after the chip show last year.

All hail @41Pickup
all in dark.JPG

Checks all the marks and growing slowly
Way to go Lee

giphy-1.gif

And of course, your "grail" set may -- in fact, probably will -- change over time.

I can easily remember when a Vineyard set was my absolutely unattainable grail...and before that, Chipco Egyptians.

Time flies when you're buying chips... :banghead:

Grail is definitely a subjective term. There are only a few sets out there that I consider to be my grail sets. I'm lucky to have two of them. Both sets took years to build, and a lot of work to track them down. Lakeshore Inn, Nevada Lodge, Mapes, ACF, Starlite Cruises, Old School Binions, and maybe one or two others. But they have to pretty rare, extremely beautiful, and in playable quantities to make my list. So as amazing as they are, Tropicana 1st edition doesn't make my list because of the lack of fracs & $1s (I would need to see a full rack of fracs and 2 racks of $1s with the 5s, 25s & 100s to add them to my list). But I definitely can respect others calling sets like Olivia's, RVCL, Vineyard, or whatever else they deem as amazing to be their grail sets. To each their own.

I used to consider the Wynn Tourney set to be a grail set until we found out Steve Wynn was a pervert. Funny that changed things for me, but I still think it's one of the best looking sets of all time.

Grail is definitely a subjective term. There are only a few sets out there that I consider to be my grail sets. I'm lucky to have two of them. Both sets took years to build, and a lot of work to track them down. Lakeshore Inn, Nevada Lodge, Mapes, ACF, Starlite Cruises, Old School Binions, and maybe one or two others. But they have to pretty rare, extremely beautiful, and in playable quantities to make my list. So as amazing as they are, Tropicana 1st edition doesn't make my list because of the lack of fracs & $1s (I would need to see a full rack of fracs and 2 racks of $1s with the 5s, 25s & 100s to add them to my list). But I definitely can respect others calling sets like Olivia's, RVCL, Vineyard, or whatever else they deem as amazing to be their grail sets. To each their own.

I used to consider the Wynn Tourney set to be a grail set until we found out Steve Wynn was a pervert. Funny that changed things for me, but I still think it's one of the best looking sets of all time.

That Nevada Lodge lineup is fantastic. The five plays so well with the 25. WOW

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom