What else do you collect? (2 Viewers)

slisk250

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I would presume that some of you OCD PCF members collect more than chips. I have two other addictions. N scale model railroad and 1/18 scale Indy cars. Too bad I'm not home to show the extent of that illness but my car inventory might just rival some of your chip collections. I don't want to guess what I have spent.

I'm a newbie to chips and am really just interested in custom sets at the moment and building a really nice Terribles set both Lagrange and St. Joe's....I'm about 25% finished getting those (help me!). The CPCs are ordered. I'm curious if I'll get sucked into collecting individual chips. I don't think so but trading for others custom sample sets when mine arrive is already on my mind. It's a black hole I'm afraid...

No longer active in either, but I still have all of my items from these two previous hobby/obsessions: HO-scale slot cars (both Concours d'Elegance and competitive racing), and backgammon championship trophies. I have a whole bunch of both....

I collect...er, have a collection of Star Wars toys. Originals and the Power of the Force series they released after the Special Edition came out. A lot of the POTF ones are still in package but I'm considering opening them, seeing as I don't collect them any more and it's unlikely they'd be worth anything substantial in packaging in 20 more years. They're all just in a storage container, waiting to be put on display with the out of box ones.

Neon. I love Neon. When I was a kid the theater in town had a clock down below the screen that glowed in a way that was fascinating to me. I remember staring at it during movies. I didn't really know what it was but I thought it was cool. When I got my first house I knew I wanted some neon signs. The Olympics had been hosted in my state years before and there were a couple of cool olympic signs that I searched for over several years. I found a listing for one of the signs I was looking for and bought it from a neon bender who I have become friends with. He has built 3 custom signs for me and has repaired a half dozen that arrived broken in the mail and 1 that was broken during a card game. Last year I happened upon the very Glo Dial clock that I had stared at as a boy in the theater and it now hangs in my kitchen. Total I have about 40 signs.

Last edited:
Wow! That is a lot of light. Are they all hanging in your man cave? I'm wanting to get one neon custom sign done in the next year or two. Where is your neon bender located? Zion...Are you in Southern Utah?

Took a bit to think about this but nothing really. Only chips. hmmm

edit: I seem to be great at collecting a steady line of ex-gf's :)

Last edited:
The only other "collection" type of hobby I have stems from my old boy scout days - I collect patches, probably have about 200 of them. It's a nice collection item as they're cheap, unlike chips, lol. I used to have a couple of big picture frames with them for display, but when we moved they ended up in storage. Once I get my basement finished (ha!) I'll have to dig them back out.

The only other "collection" type of hobby I have stems from my old boy scout days - I collect patches, probably have about 200 of them. It's a nice collection item as they're cheap, unlike chips, lol. I used to have a couple of big picture frames with them for display, but when we moved they ended up in storage. Once I get my basement finished (ha!) I'll have to dig them back out.

Would you like a free Council patch from Troop 1 in Dhahran? We have been active since the 1950's and have cranked out more than 200 Eagles. I'm the Troop Quartermaster and usually bring a bunch to give or trade when we go to Camp Dobbins near Colorado Springs in the summer. I could mail one then.

STD's and money.....

No seriously, I collected baseball cards and autographs (baseballs and 8x10 photos) when I was a kid. I started collecting tap handles and growlers after getting a kegerator. I also have been collecting NFL and NCAA mini football helmets over the last few years.

Next up is souls.

Would you like a free Council patch from Troop 1 in Dhahran? We have been active since the 1950's and have cranked out more than 200 Eagles. I'm the Troop Quartermaster and usually bring a bunch to give or trade when we go to Camp Dobbins near Colorado Springs in the summer. I could mail one then.

Yes that would be awesome, thank you!

I unfortunately didn't make Eagle, some rough bumps in life got in the way right around the time I started my final project, by the time things got back on track, it was too late to finish.

Air rifles. Beeman, FWB, Weihrauch, Walther.

Musical instruments. Guitars, banjos, ukuleles, autoharps, mountain dulcimers.

Portable shortwave radios. Zenith, Sony, Grundig

Stray dogs.

Last edited:
I have somewhat cashed out but I am probably a little more crazier about golf putters/headcovers.

Yes that would be awesome, thank you!

I unfortunately didn't make Eagle, some rough bumps in life got in the way right around the time I started my final project, by the time things got back on track, it was too late to finish.

Bummer, you were sooo close!!! I luckily had an extra year to spare...

Not completly cured but i collect nothing else but i used too ,

younger i have been in stamps, beer glasses, carton card That goes under béer glasses , pics of marseille ´s soccer fan show before the match like this :
http://www.commandoultra84.com/index2.php

and now only chips but it´s the toughest one !!!

Reactions: K-A
Games. Board games, card games, CCGs, miniatures, RPG's, computer games even.
This shot only covers about 1/3 of the games library.
2014-10-30 13.13.54.jpg

Oh, and functional weapons of medieval warfare. You know, in case of a zombie apocalypse. :cool:

Collect shot glasses and beer bottles (You have to try them). Also if you listen to my wife I collect bowling balls...

Animes... 1000+

image.jpg

Air rifles. Beeman, FWB, Weihrauch, Walther.

I bought a Hämmerli Hunter Force 1000. Weihrauch also seems to be nice. Once missed a fully equiped Diana 350 Magnum in an auction. Still could kick my a$$....

Have some other guns as well, but that does not count, does it?

As Larry mentioned art. I really like Tom Kristensen. He makes "modern" Woodprints. Combines an old asian technique with subjects that reflect modern times. Have some prints from him.

image.jpg

Last edited:
In a weird minority here...I actually am not really a collector of anything. If I buy something it is because I intend to use it. I have a handful of commemorative chips on my desk at work that I shuffle and that's about it besides my sets.

Only other thing I "collect" are ball markers from courses I've played (or given to me as a gift). I've only started this recently so it's a pretty small collection at the moment.

Mr. Tree, I'm like you in that I don't really collect stuff. I enjoy seeing what others collect. Right now I have four chip sets, and one on the way, but 2 of them are for sale. I don't really see me getting more than 3 for a while, and I'll use all 3 -- one cash set and two tournament sets.

Zombie's game collection puts mine to shame, but I don't really collect them. We play most of the ones we have, though not all that much.

Oh, and functional weapons of medieval warfare. You know, in case of a zombie apocalypse. :cool:

I'm not sure it really counts as a collection yet but I've been "gathering" a few Middle Eastern daggers and swords. I like Damascus steel.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom