What does everyone use for cases? (1 Viewer)

I've repurposed some old laptop computer cases. Here is my current 1000 chip set up. The strap makes it relatively easy to carry.
PXL_20210928_175809601.jpg

PXL_20210928_175909131.jpg

Looks like a great setup, I'm working with 800 chips as well. Mine are 43mm, but I might go for this case.. how much does it weigh, with everything inside?
Not sure about the weight. 800 chips isnt bad. I’d guess between 18 and 20lbs

These racks are pretty snug so You definitely won’t be able to do 800 43mm chips. Maybe 6 racks total.

Racks fit in the Apache cases, not Versa. I use birdcages if I’m hosting here, but apaches if I’m traveling anywhere.
Hmmmmmmm....

When I ordered mine recently, it was one of the main features. Holds the racks. I've traveled with 1000 chips in the Versa. Very sturdy. I'm very happy.

EDIT : but I wonder if you are talking about Matsui. In which case a definite no go. I'm assuming we are talking Matsui because nobody takes regular racks in Nanuks and Pelicans right??

IMG-20210420-WA0018.jpg

Last edited:
I just keep mine in the plastic racks and slip them into the cupboard. I feel it’s the cleanest and takes the least amount of space. I used to have the huge black cigar box, but I sold that cause it was just so annoying to lugging box out of the cabinet. If I were to transport my chips, I’d stack a few racks on top of each other and bag them in a small canvas bag.

Nanuk cases. Use the search function to pull up some great threads. Better locking mechanism and frequently on sale.

Apaches all the way!!
20210826_184107.jpg

I get the whole "want to see the chips" thing... but we have spent thousands of hours cleaning these guys. Nothing is getting on them in there, no natural light, rotten farts, nothing. They are safe and ready to go anytime!
20210110_141829.jpg

I realize most are not carrying 9 plus sets in the truck
20211001_065927.jpg

But it is nice to Grab N Go!

Hmmmmmmm....

When I ordered mine recently, it was one of the main features. Holds the racks. I've traveled with 1000 chips in the Versa. Very sturdy. I'm very happy.

EDIT : but I wonder if you are talking about Matsui. In which case a definite no go. I'm assuming we are talking Matsui because nobody takes regular racks in Nanuks and Pelicans right??

View attachment 787491
I prefer Paulson racks to matuis, if you cut the foam right and spray it with plasti dip the racks fit snugly with no chip movement. And 43mm racks will fit as well unlike birdcages.
D458ECB6-596B-4AF8-806F-3A764B1A6359.jpeg

Worst case, if you're on a budget or just like to do things simply, if you need to haul a set of chips somewhere you can put 'em in Warneke boxes, put a rubber band around each box to keep it closed, and toss the boxes in a gym bag or whatever.

DSC_0594_800x.jpg

DpKof8gUYAAH1Ni.jpg

Worst case, if you're on a budget or just like to do things simply, if you need to haul a set of chips somewhere you can put 'em in Warneke boxes, put a rubber band around each box to keep it closed, and toss the boxes in a gym bag or whatever.

DSC_0594_800x.jpg

DpKof8gUYAAH1Ni.jpg
A gym bag loaded with stacks of money, a firearm, and plastic bags with a white substance inside.

Do not get pulled over driving with that.

Not sure about the weight. 800 chips isnt bad. I’d guess between 18 and 20lbs

These racks are pretty snug so You definitely won’t be able to do 800 43mm chips. Maybe 6 racks total.
Sounds good, thanks. Did you remove the foam as well?

For transporting purposes (for a day or night) I prefer Versa all day. I also have Apache cases and they’re just too heavy and bulky. I still store my chips in the Apache cases at home but when a buddy wants to host and asks me to bring some chips I choose Versa. I also add barrels to the card slots. Can get up to 650 chips in

1639312641052.jpeg

By the way I cut out those dividers that come in the white boxes that everyone ships chips in, and put them in where the cards go and they fit real nice.

For transporting purposes (for a day or night) I prefer Versa all day. I also have Apache cases and they’re just too heavy and bulky. I still store my chips in the Apache cases at home but when a buddy wants to host and asks me to bring some chips I chose Versa. I also add barrels to the card slots. Can get up to 650 chips in

View attachment 827177
I have to agree. I also have been called upon, to supply poker chips outside my home.

I like the Versa 1000 chip carrier. No room for cards etc, so maybe that's a deal breaker.

IMG-20210423-WA0001.jpg

And I've had it loaded with all of this in one shipment...
IMG-20210420-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20210420-WA0018.jpg

I like the Versa 1000 chip carrier. No room for cards etc, so maybe that's a deal breaker.
If you put racks in the carrier, you can put cards and buttons underneath the bottom racks.

If you put chip boxes in the carrier, you can put cards and buttons on top of the top boxes.

ATM I just have a 500pc faux leather case, I DIY'd a divider for one of the deck holder to fit in the final 40 chips for my set. I'm working on more of a display case ATM, will report back :cool

View attachment 787499
Addition to my travel case above, I also created more of a display case from an old silverware canteen/holder.

388CD94D-4972-4391-930F-08270A9B7EC7.jpeg

83012581-2249-4865-8C71-3CBA2F738654.jpeg

919FDDD7-5AA4-4068-A9FF-0A7A242A4B45.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom