What does a 13% 3bet range look like? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
On ACR 10NL blitz there are several player with 3bet % at 13%+even over 200+ hands.
What do you guys think this range looks like? I'm starting to defend more but folding when the flop has an A and V cbets if I havent connected.
Does this look like a decent 3bet range at 13%?

If so, what subset of these hands would you defend with?

1620755239178.png

Would you call with something like this

1620755435369.png

And 4 bet with something like this with QQ being a 4bet some %

1620755465855.png

Attachments

• 1620755367876.png
    1620755367876.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 1620755400299.png
    1620755400299.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 80
So thinking about this a little more, I think I need to split these ranges depending on V's position.
I just called a 3bet in the BN from the SB with AJo and won the hand.
It didnt go to SD but flop was AsThTs, turn 7s, river Jh.
V cbet, I called; V checked turn and I bet river for 1/2 pot to get a fold.

So I think I need calling ranges for scenarios where I am IP and OOP because maybe I want to call wider IP as I have a positional advantage on top of my calling range. So call wider IP and tighter OOP especially as V's position moves from BN towards +1.

Thoughts?

On the range for the 3 bettor - agree on position playing a role. People that 3 bet this actively - I think you'll see more (and lower) suited connectors versus the suited kings. Usually would include hands like kj o and qj o as well. Maybe as low as pocket 6s.

Well certainly the 3bet range will change based on the configuration. I don't think I'm as high as 13% though. On the button against a CO open, I'm probably 3 betting something like 88+, ATs+, AJo+, A2s-A5s, KJs+, QTs+, and some partials of smaller suited connectors.

I think people are probably over doing it from the SB. Being OOP, you still have to be somewhat careful even if the buttons range is wide. Button is going to defend a decent bit. And the BB should be calling A LOT against the 2.2-2.5x opens, especially from late position.

Remove AJo (16 combos) and replace it with 77, QTs, T9s, and 98s (18 combos total) and you're probably closer to what they're doing.

Generally speaking what do you think about this calling/raising range?
Assuming raising AA, KK, AK and QQ (QQ maybe 50%). Has almost 19% equity advantage.

1620762186829.png

1620762223628.png

Again, this depends HEAVILY on villains and heros position and the action in between and after. If it folds to villain in sb and hero is in the bb, I might be 3! closer to 30% than 13%. If villain raises from utg and I'm in utg +1 I'm closer to 3% (just as an example, I did not calculate the exact percentages). So if you add all those situations and positions up, you can easily end up at 13% without calculating 13% of hands in equilab and only raising those specific hands without aknowledging position.

Got it, makes sense. I need to figure out how to get my head around a defense strategy by position (both Hero & Villain) for this. Thx

You can definitely 4bet more, I'm assuming blitz is like zoom so 6 handed, QQ, JJ, TT, AQs even AJo could be worked into 4betting at low frequencies

Let's say you open CO, BTN 3bets and his 3bet % is 13, then putting AJo at 75% fold and 25% 4bet could be a nice move

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom