What do YOU think happens when you die? (2 Viewers)

A couple things I never understood about reincarnation. First of all, in about 1000 years, we went from 500,000ish to 7 billion+ people in the world. Where did all those new souls come from?

Second (and this relates to the first question), according to many who believe in reincarnation, if you are a bad person in this life, you get reincarnated as a "lower" animal instead of a human. Then you have to live a good life in order to be "promoted" back to a human in the next life. However, how the heck do you "live a good life" as say, a dog? I never bite my owner's hand? Never piss on the rug? What if I'm a cockroach? Never gross out a human? I just don't get how nonmoral animal souls get graded and promoted back to humans. Seems pretty arbitrary to me.
I don't have a response bc I honestly don't have 1 pure belief, or enough interest/motivation to invest any time into finding some sort of answer

^^^ the big problem is that things like gasses that make up the air that surrounds us are not visible - there really is pretty much no empty space, everything is literally physically connected and we are all a part of the whole. The illusion of separateness comes from the illusion that we are separated by open space IMHO.
I think the bigger illusion is that physical reality exists at all.

A couple things I never understood about reincarnation. First of all, in about 1000 years, we went from 500,000ish to 7 billion+ people in the world. Where did all those new souls come from?

Second (and this relates to the first question), according to many who believe in reincarnation, if you are a bad person in this life, you get reincarnated as a "lower" animal instead of a human. Then you have to live a good life in order to be "promoted" back to a human in the next life. However, how the heck do you "live a good life" as say, a dog? I never bite my owner's hand? Never piss on the rug? What if I'm a cockroach? Never gross out a human? I just don't get how nonmoral animal souls get graded and promoted back to humans. Seems pretty arbitrary to me.

There is a fiction book called “a dog's life” that explores the idea of dogs reincarnating. My wife loved it. I hated it because the damn dog died like 7 times. But it was an interesting story.

Another similar book is called “the art of racing in the rain” It's another heart wrencher that my wife loved and I hated. Spoiler the dog dies.

I can't remember what show or movie it was but I remember laughing out loud when a human character wistfully stated they hoped that when they died they came back as a dog in America.

I have to say, that I do not believe in God. When I needed God the most, God was not there. I would say I am an Agnostic-Atheist. I do not want to offend anyone who does believe in whatever Sky Wizard they pray to.

I do believe there was a chap named Jesus, and I do believe he was killed by a pike that was named the Spear of Destiny. But to say he died for my sins, not likely. I do not believe in Heaven or Hell.

I would like to think there is some sort of afterlife, but until science can prove or disprove it, I will side with "there is not" group of people. We were born of this earth and we will return to it. Whatever happens to our souls? Who knows. As someone previously said, there was darkness before we were born, and there will be darkness after we are gone.

Last edited:
I have to say, that I do not believe in God. When I needed God the most, God was not there. I would say I am an Agnostic-Atheist. I do not want to offend anyone who does believe in whatever Sky Wizard they pray to.
You are speaking only in terms of a monotheistic interpretation of the concept. A pantheistic view allows for divine existence, just not in any form that could snap its fingers and cure all of your ails.

As someone previously said, there was darkness before we were born, and there will be darkness after we are gone.
When is your first memory? In that sense, there was also darkness after you born.

Your memories, your perception of reality, is merely an interpretation based upon inputs into our very limited sensory organs. There’s likely a whole lot going on that we can’t perceive.

I always thought of myself as an agnostic even before I knew of the term. Atheist is definitely too strong of a term imho,
I don't actively believe in any god but I also don't dismiss some type of creator being existing. It could have created our universe and then moved on to do something else just leaving us to evolve and exist on our own. How the hell should I know? I view dogmatic atheists and dogmatic Christians as opposite sides of the same coin. Holding a high degree of certainty about something we have very little information about doesn't make sense to me.
the one that seemed to stick with me the most was from The Ethics by Baruch Spinoza. He so clearly argued that everything (god, universe, substance, nature) is just one whole singular substance that we are all just a part of, and that death is just a transition into a different part of the whole. I always kind of liked that idea of interconnectedness with everything around us.
After dabbling a bit with psychedelics and talking with people in that world I also entertain this concept. There is "one thing" which includes all consciousness and we are a part of that thing which exists perpetually.

Many atheists use Ayahuasca or DMT and have crazy experiences that cause them to rethink atheism.

Last edited:
No one really knows, but if I'm taking an educated guess.. this..

NickCage-InSpace.gif

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I think my wife is going to start getting phone calls from chippers wanting to "help" take all those pesky chips off her hands.

If you legally ingest the right amount of the right substance, you can get fancy ideas about what happens after death.

I said I would give my thoughts if things were cool, and they have been as far as I am concerned. Proud of everyone sharing really.

Truth is, I DON'T KNOW.

I hope for something, but I only know that my energy will be a part of the universe for its existence (gas, dust, or whatever).
All I know right now is that it's alright, we're going to the end of the line...all of us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom