What do you keep your chips in? (2 Viewers)

GavinMcresty

High Hand
Reaction score
I just have a carry case that came with them when I bought them. It seems sturdy enough for most things. My chips never leave the house anyway so it is mostly just to keep them in order rather than anything else. What do you use to keep your chips safe? Did you use something different before? Why did you choose it? Would you prefer to have something else to keep them in?

rack1000.jpg
A 1,000 chip acrylic carrier ...

I started with a 500 chip case from Monarch Billiards, but I suffered from "chip overflow."

At home :
I'm looking for a storage that allows to view the chips, obv birdcage was the only choice.
So nice to stop in front of the birdcage and admire my babies :D

photo.jpg

For travel :
Birdcage is too dangerous, i prefer a classic aluminium poker chip case

photo(1).jpg

I keep them in a suitcase-like case, looks like one of those silver cases in a Bond film or something. Those clear ones look pretty dang cool though

I am going to do something like this:

1619_14_03_07_6_00_52.jpg
(not mine - from HPT)

200 x 25
200 x 100
150 x 500
150 x 1000
50 x 5000

12/12/9/9/1 for T20000 10 players or 8/8/6/6/2 for T20000 20 players

need 50 x 5000 more, not really necessary but i don't like half rack :p

I too have an aluminium poker chip case. It works well, but I might find something new once I get more.

I just leave mine on the floor::)
dsc05489f.jpg

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I posted the pic above because I couldn't find the pics below -- but I went back and somehow they appeared! :) Ironically the drawers were custom built to hold VHS tapes!!! Super heavy-duty thank goodness, and they fit 5 racks high perfectly -- can extend out the entire way with 2,000+ chips w/o any problem! Lucked out.

img1200mr8.jpg
img1203ff5.jpg

Holy mother of god.

What an impressive collection UW85.

Just wow...

...when ya have enough chips, you can make fun things like this: (100% poker chips)

chippyrimid54ov4.jpg

Wow! These collections certainly put mine to shame! The one I have is sufficient for the little games I have with my friends but you could probably hold tournaments with the one UW85 has! I should probably start collecting...

As much as I hate to say it, I have chips everywhere. Racked up in file cabinets, in cardboard boxes, in wood boxes, in wooden carrying cases, in metal cases, loose in drawers... I have a problem.

Not ideal due to the glass shelves but I like to live on the edge lol.

HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1365122151.722802.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1365122151.722802.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 168
AfterTheFact -- be careful with too much weight on shelves! Check this pic out of a user on another site I grabbed:

tragedy.jpg

...when ya have enough chips, you can make fun things like this: (100% poker chips)

chippyrimid54ov4.jpg

If only you could cash in all those chips you would be rich. Lol.
Nice collection and I like how you neatly organize and arrange them into a pyramid.
Going to try it out of fun one of these days.

If only you could cash in all those chips you would be rich. Lol.
Nice collection and I like how you neatly organize and arrange them into a pyramid.
Going to try it out of fun one of these days.

I put up a contest to see who could come closest to guess just that (total tournament value) -- one user got dang close using an excel spreadsheet! 61,358,782.50

HERE is that tread on Chiptalk -- sorta tells the story of it's creation. (is that cool for me to post here? If not, feel free to delete)

**it was a pain lining up all the edgespots!

I put up a contest to see who could come closest to guess just that (total tournament value) -- one user got dang close using an excel spreadsheet! 61,358,782.50

HERE is that tread on Chiptalk -- sorta tells the story of it's creation. (is that cool for me to post here? If not, feel free to delete)

**it was a pain lining up all the edgespots!

I can't even begin to determine the value of all those chips. 61 million is a sure lot. You must feel rich with all those chips lol. Thanks for the chiptalk thread.

That is a awesome chipamid
Back chip storage question
I currently keep my chips in 1 300 count case ,2 500 count cases ,1 1000 count case ,one bird cage ,14 chip boxes , 1 special edition case from chiproom , four racks In a med flat rate box , 900 are currently in route to my US addy and 2000+ currently being stored at someone else house (I haven't payed for them yet) not sure if they count though

My Chip Box

I built this a little over a year ago and have finally filled it with Proteges and a few NPS chips.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 159
Custom drawers that hold 1800 each, along with space for buttons, cards, etc...

ive got two more drawers on the way... They will be installed in line with the others. I plan to create 1/4" thick spacers for along side each drawer, I will pad and SSC with matching leftovers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 199

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom