What direction should I go? (1 Viewer)

spikeithard

Flush
Reaction score
I have a CPC cash set coming of the Deja Vu theme. I have 2 other cash sets currently as well. I have a grand card room tourney set and a CPS tourney on the way that is somewhere in the high seas right now.

I am privy to a HECK of a deal on custom ceramics and looking to get a set of either 500 or 1000. I love the idea of having a deep stack/big stacks cash game using many ones on the table all stacked in 20's. If I go this route and do a deja vu ceramic set, this will be a solid secondary set. But not sure if I should do a Deja Vu ceramic tourney set and have it deep stacked too.

if I go the tourney set way with 1000 chips for anywhere from 10 to 16 players, how can I make it so everyone has a HUGE stack to start with and the final 5-6 players have awesome mounds of chips in front? Guess they have to start off with something like T30,000?

I just cant pass up this custom ceramic deal but would like some input on which way I should go. I am thinking tourney set to round it off.

thanks

Personally I'd do a tourney set. Big stacks with big denoms. Can't wait to see what design you come up with.

Typically, to get "awesome mounds of chips" in front of the final five or six players requires very large starting fields.

No matter what denominations or starting stack sizes are chosen, a 16-player 1000-pc tournament set will typically only have 200 or fewer total chips in play at the end. That's only about 50 per player for the final four players, and only a rack apiece once heads-up.

ah ok. ya that sounds right. with all the coloring up and such.

I have kind of always wanted a huge stack cash game... mostly all $1s on the table and some $25s and such. This could be the chance to do that at a stupidly low price

Back in the day when my poker group only played .05/.10 cash games we'd have a thousand nickels in play along with .25's, 1's and some 5's. Not because we needed a 1000 nickels in play but simply because we all liked having huge chips stacks in front of us lol. Big tourney stacks would be cool but like Dave said as the tourney goes on coloring up will result in smaller and smaller stacks.

so using 1000 chips, what would be a great breakdown for a $1/1 cash game or a $1/2 NLHE game....

920x$1
60X$25
80X$100

my game play large but not too stupidly large like some. I think a 3200 bank is sufficient enough.

Each player on average will start with about $80 in front. thats 4 barrels to start. some of the larger buy ins can do a $25 or two.

sound decent?

I would fucking slit my wrists if I bought into a &1/2 NLHE game for $300 and got all $1s, but different strokes, I guess...

so your saying it would be different for a .25/.50 game using .25 cent pieces in that fashion? or you dont like big stack cash games at all?

meh, maybe it would be just best to get a 600 piece tourney set to match my cash set lol

so your saying it would be different for a .25/.50 game using .25 cent pieces in that fashion? or you dont like big stack cash games at all?

no i was just using the example you gave which happens to coincide with a stake i frequently play.

the only time i've seen this work is the $10/10 NL game at parx which runs with all $10s and $100s. i understand some other vegas and cali rooms run $10/10 games similarly. here in PA and AC, the parx game is an outlier in that regard, so it's the only one i have experience with, but it runs well and people love the giant mounds of chips. i think it's significant that it runs with 1x and 10x denoms whereas you proposed 1x and 25x denoms for your game. the hundos get plenty of use in the parx game and if you're considering a set specific to a $1/1 or $1/2 NL game to be comprised primarily of $1s, i think you're going to need lots of $10s to go in it as well, so you'll likely need more than 1000 chips. i would consider the following breakdown:

800 (1)
360 (10)
40 (100)

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

But I thought you loved the pink chip games?

i do - limit is different, though. you so gradually get stacks into the middle that it's enjoyable to see things build and it's no mental acrobatics to count out a raise even for the flatlined dunces at the $7.50/15 O8 game. put those same idiots in a $1/2 NL game with 300 $1s, however, and you better bring a fucking novel or some quaaludes for the wait you'll endure as they count out a 3.5x raise on the turn.

I need an affordable, but quality tourney set for 20 players. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I dont really know now. I do love the idea of pushing large stacks around but my game only plays either .25/.50, (or .50/.50) and $1/1 and very occasionally $1/2.

Might not be feasible for the stakes I want to play for a game like this.

If anyone can throw out at me a great break down for what I could use great, if not I will just get a 5 -600 piece tournament set to match the deja cash set.

I dont really know now. I do love the idea of pushing large stacks around but my game only plays either .25/.50, (or .50/.50) and $1/1 and very occasionally $1/2.

Might not be feasible for the stakes I want to play for a game like this.

If anyone can throw out at me a great break down for what I could use great, if not I will just get a 5 -600 piece tournament set to match the deja cash set.

if you're playing a lot of .50/.50 and 1/1 and want to do some monsterstacken, i'd get my breakdown above, but supplemented with a rack of .50s.

My version of a monster-stack game is 3/6 limit Omaha 8 played with 1200 1's and two racks of 20's (8 players). More 1's would be nice for a 4/8 game. Fortunately, my regs do like to play limit games.

Go for high denoms, you can always play cents for dollars if you want to paly them as a cash set: t100 = 100c. We do it all the time at my weekly game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom