What colors do starbursts come in? And how do you know? (1 Viewer)

FestiveKnight

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
And more importantly, how do I got about learning something like this for myself in the future?

Googling and searching this forum for stuff about chips mostly just produces sale links, I’m finding it hard to research things as I get into chipping compared to entrance to other hobbies.

What colors do starbursts come in?

all of the older colors, most likely. but some of them may be impossible to find.

And how do you know?

i don't, just spouting what i assume to be true.

Starbursts came in all 60 of these colors:
9080BF5D-32C1-45E3-91DC-30D3598A1ED9.png

Which I found out by going through an old Paulson distributor’s website on the wayback machine. And that website I saw referenced somewhere on this forum. Most of this stuff you can search for on the forum, but you have to know how to search for them. Unlike Google, this forum’s search is just a search for keywords that exist in posts on the forum, so you have to look for the keywords and then search through a few pages of results. Or occasionally you can do outside research, but that is often impossible because most of the sources are either down or just tucked away very far on Google. Chipping is a very small hobby, so it’s tough to find a lot of things about. Good luck with your research endeavors though!

Certainly, they come in all sorts of colours (same with generic THC roulettes). In my experience (buying/selling/hunting), four colours seem to rise to the top when finding them in quantity, especially in sets, and this goes for a lot of other THC solid monograms and Fun Nite style chips as well:

White
Red
Dark Green
Black

It is no surprise that they conform to standard Vegas colour progressions for $1, $5, $25, and $100.

Certainly, they come in all sorts of colours (same with generic THC roulettes). In my experience (buying/selling/hunting), four colours seem to rise to the top when finding them in quantity, especially in sets, and this goes for a lot of other THC solid monograms and Fun Nite style chips as well:

White
Red
Dark Green
Black

It is no surprise that they conform to standard Vegas colour progressions for $1, $5, $25, and $100.
That all makes a lot of sense and matches what I’ve been seeing posted in previous/current sales posts.

Sounds like a starburst Cali set will be a fun hunt

View attachment 707417
Which I found out by going through an old Paulson distributor’s website on the wayback machine. And that website I saw referenced somewhere on this forum. Most of this stuff you can search for on the forum, but you have to know how to search for them. Unlike Google, this forum’s search is just a search for keywords that exist in posts on the forum, so you have to look for the keywords and then search through a few pages of results. Or occasionally you can do outside research, but that is often impossible because most of the sources are either down or just tucked away very far on Google. Chipping is a very small hobby, so it’s tough to find a lot of things about. Good luck with your research endeavors though!
Thank you! That is some great research, I feel inspired (and slightly chastised, which is good)!

four colours seem to rise to the top when finding them in quantity

White
Red
Dark Green
Black

Black, huh?

WHERE ARE ALL THE DAMN BLACK STARBURSTS, HUH?

someone's got 'em squirreled away, hidden in a treasure chest buried in their backyard

View attachment 707417
Orange, hot pink, and sunrise are there twice, so is the real number 57?

And more importantly, how do I got about learning something like this for myself in the future?
Read everything on this site. Seriously. It will take you a while, but if you're really interested in the hobby, read and retain.

View attachment 707417

Nice find. This should be put in the resources section

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom