What chips are used at the WSOP? (2 Viewers)

Can't believe I missed this. Worst bad beat ever I've ever read about.

Don't know how I missed it either. Great to have Jim drop by with some inside info, even if it's the heartbreaking kind.

FWIW, my corporate filter has blocked CT since late last year. At this point, it's just kinda sad...

I'd always have around $10k ready if you can afford it. I am certain those chips will hit the market someday.

Not to thread jack the current thread jack but business101101 has ramped it up again. The guy has sold over 1K Binion's chips on eBay and they are still getting prices that are far too high for as many chip that are out there already.

This is the guy that has a garage size storage unit full of Binion's old chips. There was a thread on the subject on thchipboard a few years ago. Apparently the guy was offered $1M and he turned it down.

Apparently the guy was offered $1M and he turned it down.

Jesus fucking christ.

All I can think of is:

giphy.gif

The Chip Room tragic tale #972

I'll let you guys in on one of our tragic tales. We did have an agreement in place to purchase the obsolete Bud Jones WSOP from the RIO. (see attached documents) Even though every attorney read the guidelines the same, which did allow for the chips to be sold, we were turned down by the Nevada Gaming Commission. I really dislike them!!! At the time, we were also in talks with the RIO to purchase all of their Paulson chips, so they could replace them. We were going to pay them 80% of the cost to replace the chips. That would have been huge for the community! Some day I'll have to let you know of all of the deals, we thought we had....

Tell me what you think (NGC Regulations)

12.090 Promotional and tournament chips and tokens. Regulation 12, Chips and Tokens Page 6 (Rev. 08/14)
1. As used in this section, “promotional chip” means a chip- or token-like object issued by a licensee for use in promotions or tournaments at the licensee’s gaming establishment.
2. Promotional chips must be designed, manufactured, approved, and used in accordance with the provisions of this regulation applicable to chips and tokens, except as follows:
(a) Promotional chips must be of such shape and size and have such other specifications as the chairman may approve or require;
(b) Each side of each promotional chip must conspicuously bear the inscription “No Cash Value”;
(c) Promotional chips must not be used, and licensees shall not permit their use, in transactions other than the promotions or tournaments for which they are issued; and
(d) The provisions of section 12.070 of this regulation shall not apply to promotional chips. (Adopted: 6/87.)

12.070 Redemption and disposal of discontinued chips and tokens.
1. A licensee that permanently removes from use or replaces approved chips or tokens at its gaming establishment, or that ceases operating its gaming establishment whether because of closure or sale of the establishment or any other reason, must prepare a plan for redeeming discontinued chips and tokens that remain outstanding at the time of discontinuance. The licensee must submit the plan in writing to the chairman not later than 30 days before the proposed removal, replacement, sale, or closure, unless the closure or other cause for discontinuance of the chips or tokens cannot reasonably be anticipated, in which event the licensee must submit the plan as soon asreasonably practicable. The chairman may approve the plan or require reasonable modifications as a condition of approval. Upon approval of the plan, the licensee shall implement the plan as approved.
2. In addition to such other reasonable provisions as the chairman may approve or require, the plan must provide for:
(a) Redemption of outstanding, discontinued chips and tokens in accordance with this regulation for at least 120 days after the removal or replacement of the chips or tokens or for at least 120 days after operations cease, as the case may be, or for such longer or shorter period as the chairman may for good cause approve or require;
(b) Redemption of the chips and tokens at the premises of the gaming establishment or at such other location as the chairman may approve;
(c) Publication of notice of the discontinuance of the chips and tokens and of the redemption and the pertinent times and locations in at least two newspapers of general circulation in Nevada at least twice during each week of the redemption period, subject to the chairman’s approval of the form of the notice, the newspapers selected for publication, and the specific days of publication; (d) Conspicuous posting of the notice described in paragraph (c) at the gaming establishment or other redemption location; and
(e) Destruction or such other disposition of the discontinued chips and tokens as the chairman may approve or require.

Uggggghhhhhh!!! This is the worst bad best ever! We need an emoji with a middle finger for the NGC!

Not to thread jack the current thread jack but business101101 has ramped it up again. The guy has sold over 1K Binion's chips on eBay and they are still getting prices that are far too high for as many chip that are out there already.

This is the guy that has a garage size storage unit full of Binion's old chips. There was a thread on the subject on thchipboard a few years ago. Apparently the guy was offered $1M and he turned it down.

I was wondering how many chips he has. Damn! Had no idea it was that many. Guess he can afford to take his time to reel in the dough. I just saw them last year and it took me about 6 mths to complete my sample set within the price range I was willing to pay. He might get more views adding "Paulson" to his listings. He uses "Top Hat & Cane."

I think one of my favorite chips is the oversized 500k introduced in 2010... Foolishly I looked for one of these for a long time... Never found one... This year I'll be dealing the WSOP, in the dealer handbook I noticed this...

Image1461692673.457911.jpg

So I'll finally get to see one in person... What a tease!

Haha true [emoji1]... This dealer wants to work this tourney again next year... Ya know what I mean? [emoji6]

The other day I was watching youtube and the all(person)ME episodes to which I have grown a lot more respect for John Duhamel + his other wins. However my least favorite ME champion is...................da da da dah JERRY YANG. And I totally forgot about the chips used in 07 ME, like the pink and bright green and the confusing peach and whatever the hell colors they used towards the final table. What the hell was rio or whoever designed those color combo thinking. But what happened to them because they don't use them in 08 I believe. I could be wrong as well but do you guys remember how they looked so similar.
Screenshots_2016-04-27-03-25-22.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom