What are your thoughts on these edge spots, and what changes would you make? (1 Viewer)

AK Chip

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
In a month or so I will be ordering a large set of these and want to get it right. I may not use your ideas but appreciate any input you might have.

Inlays and colors need to stay the same, edge spots can be anything that will average out to the same cost. per 5 chips, one of each denom if that makes sense.

1675350753767.png

Really nice lineup - hard to say what to change if anything. Some potential tweaks:
- rotate the frac
- 4 spot pattern on the 1 to match the rest of the chips (I know you said not to increase the price!)
- mandarin red/dg yellow/dg arc yellow on the 5
- not a fan of mixing white and bright white so changing the 25 bright white to regular - although your original chip is pretty spectacular...

1675359363119.png

Only two (related) changes imo:

- White chip spot colors would look better if not split
- Red chip spot colors would look better if split

I'd play around with a few variations that meet those goals, look appealing to you, and meet the budget (3d14 and 4dsa18, etc.).

I also think that style of spot pattern progression looks better overall, going from a fat quarter-pie to chips with 1/8" spots.

Please let me know when you will be selling this set off. I want dibs.

The only thing I'd consider is going with Mandarin Red over Red (but that's a personal preference for me)

And please order a sample set for me, so that I'll know what I'm getting in advance for when you sell. (Pretty pretty please)

Only two (related) changes imo:

- White chip spot colors would look better if not split
- Red chip spot colors would look better if split
This is really informed input.

In a month or so I will be ordering a large set of these and want to get it right. I may not use your ideas but appreciate any input you might have.

Inlays and colors need to stay the same, edge spots can be anything that will average out to the same cost. per 5 chips, one of each denom if that makes sense.

View attachment 1071586
Same inlay as your earlier set, just a secondary set of chips?

Same inlay as your earlier set, just a secondary set of chips?
Yes, after making several sets of the original line up, I wanted a unique set for myself.

Reactions: BNM
And the 1/8th turn is also a great move. An under-used and under-appreciated way to use standard patterns for Very different look.
I've ordered lots of CPC sets and it never occurred to me to do that.

Reactions: BNM
Random-ish thoughts, I prefer the original colors on your red chip, but I like the idea of splitting the accent colors, looks better from the side (stacked) profile. However, I'd take the original design and be very happy. Very nice design. Having played with the chip design tool I've found out to be a little overwhelming, so many choices. You can spend hours on there and still be just as confused as when you started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom