What are your "home rules" at your home game ? (1 Viewer)

1A25R

Flush
Reaction score
What are your "home rules" at your home game ?

i.e. : At our games we use a "show'em" token.
Each player have one of them at the beginning of the night. It can be used only once and does not matter if you was involved in the hand or not.
When you use you "show'em" token the designate player MUST show his cards at the end of the hand. No matter if the designated player folded or won the pot.

There is lot of fun around and also some side bets regarding what hand the designated player will show.

One of the frequently debated is the Table Stakes Rule.

They are often some "guest" players who play with some of the regulars at their golf club.
When they play at their club, they routinely pull cash out of the wallet when they land a good hand to call and raise bets.

They can't grasp the difference between playing table stakes and open stakes.
We will allow cash rebuys and cash in play, and the same guy will hit a big pot and then tuck a few hundreds in his pocket.... sigh...

I want to make a poster to hang on the wall - tired of trying to explain it each time. :banghead:

Last edited:
One of the frequently debated is the Table Stakes Rule.

They are often some "guest" players who play with some of the regulars at their golf club.
When they play at their club, they routinely pull cash out of the wallet when they land a good hand to call and raise bets.

They can't grasp the difference between playing table stakes and open stakes.
We will allow cash rebuys and cash in play, and the same guy will hit a big pot and then tuck a few hundreds in his pocket.... sigh...

:banghead:

Wow! Yeah, never playing poker that way ever.:)

No fights inside. Fights outside permitted but only after all wagers have been placed with the house.

No Rounders Quotes...$5 fee to go into the next hand at start of current hand.
It’s a great rule bc ppl will move chips around a lot to get the $5 rounder pot. So items up being a lot of quotes and the pots get crazy

I'm not a fan of these. I played at @bonesnjnts one time. I was the new guy. Everyone used them on me. Felt like an unfair advantage.

I think if a "show'em" chip is going to be used. There should be a value on them. You have to buy them from the host. The money goes in the bank. Whoever turns them in at the end of the night gets the loot. This way if someone jack ass uses them on me. I can hold onto them, turn them in for a small profit.

Or, simply limit how many can be used against one person.

No Rounders Quotes...$5 fee to go into the next hand at start of current hand.
It’s a great rule bc ppl will move chips around a lot to get the $5 rounder pot. So items up being a lot of quotes and the pots get crazy

Does this include twisting an Oreo by one’s ear?

I'm not a fan of these. I played at @bonesnjnts one time. I was the new guy. Everyone used them on me. Felt like an unfair advantage.

I think if a "show'em" chip is going to be used. There should be a value on them. You have to buy them from the host. The money goes in the bank. Whoever turns them in at the end of the night gets the loot. This way if someone jack ass uses them on me. I can hold onto them, turn them in for a small profit.

Or, simply limit how many can be used against one person.
I like this idea.

I used to play in a mixed cash game where you could draw light from the pot if you didn’t have enough chips to cover a bet. This happened on a regular basis during the game. People bought in short knowing if they hit a big hand there was no penalty for the short buy-in. But if your hand was vulnerable, you could just declare all-in!

Although goofy, this was the most profitable game I have ever played in.

Each player have one of them at the beginning of the night. It can be used only once and does not matter if you was involved in the hand or not.
When you use you "show'em" token the designate player MUST show his cards at the end of the hand. No matter if the designated player folded or won the pot.

I’m gonna implement this in our next cash game.

A game I sometimes play in is Hold’em except when a black Ace comes on the board, any street. Then we play one hand of PLO immediately after. The button doesn’t move for the bonus hand. If another black Ace comes during the bonus hand the button moves for the next hand.

Another game I played in charged $1 for any type of misdeal, acting out of turn, rabbit hunting and $5 for getting caught farting at the table.

The money went to the bad beat jackpot.

I have been thinking of adding the $1 to rabbit hunt for my game (to be added to the high hand bonus). But the one guy that was constantly asking for it doesn’t play much.

But we do require if you ask for a rabbit hunt to show your hand.

What are your "home rules" at your home game ?

There is lot of fun around and also some side bets regarding what hand the designated player will show.

Interesting, though I think I prefer the method we use. A player can put a "Show 'Em" in the pot for their action and fold. Then, in order to claim that pot, the winner has to show and gets to keep the extra token. Every player starts with one.

We haven't done it in a while, though.

A game I sometimes play in is Hold’em except when a black Ace comes on the board, any street. Then we play one hand of PLO immediately after. The button doesn’t move for the bonus hand. If another black Ace comes during the bonus hand the button moves for the next hand.

Another game I played in charged $1 for any type of misdeal, acting out of turn, rabbit hunting and $5 for getting caught farting at the table.

The money went to the bad beat jackpot.

I have been thinking of adding the $1 to rabbit hunt for my game (to be added to the high hand bonus). But the one guy that was constantly asking for it doesn’t play much.

But we do require if you ask for a rabbit hunt to show your hand.
I charge $1 to rabbit hunt and put it towards the BB jackpot. Probably $8 to $10 a night from it.

Edit - I like the $1 misdwal fee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom