What are the rules to badugi vs badeucy va badaci? (Abby's mixed games cards) (1 Viewer)

GenghisKhan

Full House
Reaction score
Ok so we started playing dealer's choice lately. Super fun. We were in the dark too long.

Now my bud says we have to try baduci. But there's different versions I guess. I did a search here and found references to:

Badugi/baduci/badaci.

We've never played these. Which is easiest to learn 1st? And what are the rules? Am I even spelling them right? Lol.

Thanks!

IMO, Badugi was the easiest to learn with my motley crew. Have a look under the Resources tab at Abby's Mixed Game Guide. It is a wonderful reference and will help your guys learn other games. Strategy can come later.

Ok so we started playing dealer's choice lately. Super fun. We were in the dark too long.

Now my bud says we have to try baduci. But there's different versions I guess. I did a search here and found references to:

Badugi/baduci/badaci.

We've never played these. Which is easiest to learn 1st? And what are the rules? Am I even spelling them right? Lol.

Thanks!

Badugi is probably the easiest to learn. It's usually played as a fixed-limit game and is played with blinds. Each player is dealt 4 down cards, followed by a round of betting. After each of the first 3 betting rounds, players may draw up to 4 cards. The third draw is followed by the fourth round of betting, and then by showdown.

A 4-card Badugi has 4 unique ranks and 4 unique suits. It's a lowball game, aces are low, and the best hand is A234 rainbow. If nobody has a 4-card Badugi, then the player with the best 3-card Badugi wins, or the best 2-card Badugi. A 4-card King-high Badugi is better than a 3-card 4-high Badugi (the latter might occur if one card is paired or if the hand has only three suits).

Badacy/Badacey is a split-pot game. Each player is dealt 5 down cards and is structured similar to Badugi (3 betting rounds). The best 4-card Badugi gets half the pot, and the best 5-card California Lowball hand (Ace to 5, Ace is low) wins the other half. The best hand is 432A rainbow with a 5 of any suit.

Badeucy/Badeucey is also a split-pot game. Each player is dealt 5 down cards. In Badeucy, the Ace is always high. The pot is split between the best Badugi hand (Ace is high) and the best 2-7 hand.

Check out my mixed game cards in the Resources section.

Badugi is 4-card badugi rules.
Baducey is 5-card split pot, using 2-7 (deucey) rules for one hand and badugi for the other.
Badacey is 5-card split pot, using A-5 (acey) rules for one hand and badugi for the other.

It's all lowball draw poker. If you've never played any of them before, I'd learn them all separately (2-7, A-5, badugi) first, then maybe add one of the split pot games.

And good call on dealers choice cash games. I'm going to build a table, get some chips, and start one up. Micro stakes. Dealer chooses a game for one round, then deals it again. Then the next player is dealer and can do the same thing.

@abby99 's game guide is awesome! I just had a quick glance and realised we've been playing badugi for the last few weeks, lol. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I guess I got lost in the names...

It's the other two (or 3) we've never played.

Can't wait to try these and other games listed. Good excuse for more poker.(y) :thumbsup:

And good call on dealers choice cash games. I'm going to build a table, get some chips, and start one up. Micro stakes. Dealer chooses a game for one round, then deals it again. Then the next player is dealer and can do the same thing.

We did this the other night, dealer's choice for a full round. It was fun until we played a full riund of what we called blind poker. (Forget real name).
5 cards dealt to each player face down. Can either keep your mystery card, take one from top of deck, or the top one in discard pile.

It's fun for 1 game, once per round lol. But a full round of that is just donkey-bingo crazyness.

My favorite was courchevel. Can't go wrong with 5 card hi-lo Omaha and get to see 1st flop card.

Yeah, as host, I would want to have veto power. That blind poker I'd probably say "You know what, we will try it for one hand, and if it sucks, you just forfeited your full round. Next!"

My favorite was courchevel. Can't go wrong with 5 card hi-lo Omaha and get to see 1st flop card.

Courchevel is a game that people either love or hate, not much in between for some reason.

I love it, not because I'm good at it or anything because I'm most definitely not, but it's kind of fun to melt your brain every once in a while. 5 cards in your hand, split pot, and a fucking spit card?!?!Yeah, that melts brains. In a good way though.

Courchevel is a game that people either love or hate, not much in between for some reason.

I love it, not because I'm good at it or anything because I'm most definitely not, but it's kind of fun to melt your brain every once in a while. 5 cards in your hand, split pot, and a fucking spit card?!?!Yeah, that melts brains. In a good way though.

I'm in the hate camp. This game seems to kill action.

How about Route 66? That's a game.

So this weekend we used Abby's cards on my phone. Selected the version where there's just one line of cards you scroll up/down.

We did dealer's choice. As in the dealer chose when I stopped randomly scrolling the list of cards! :eek:

So we played random mixed games all night and it was as amazing as it was shocking at times. Crazy crazy games in there. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Fun times were had by all. I think this is our new norm now. Thanks @abby99 !(y) :thumbsup:

So this weekend we used Abby's cards on my phone. Selected the version where there's just one line of cards you scroll up/down.

We did dealer's choice. As in the dealer chose when I stopped randomly scrolling the list of cards! :eek:

So we played random mixed games all night and it was as amazing as it was shocking at times. Crazy crazy games in there. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Fun times were had by all. I think this is our new norm now. Thanks @abby99 !(y) :thumbsup:

I'm glad that you enjoyed the various games. I've added a few more games that are played at the big mixed games at the Aria and Bellagio and will post the updated file later today. Also, at the request of @k9dr, I modified the three Contents pages so that touching the name of a game will bring up the matching card.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom