What are the differences between these COPAG cards? (1 Viewer)

CarlosStorm

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy some Copag cards, and I've found these two differents:
barajas-de-cartas-de-poker-en-plastico-jumbo-face-de-copag.jpg

barajas-copag-de-plastico-mod-texas-holdem-gold.jpg

Does anyone know if there are any differences between them?
Both cost exactly the same, so I'll want to know your opinion about them if someone has them.

Thank you,
Carlos

Does no one know about these cards?

Well, I suppose I'll buy one of them, the black one looks great.

COPAGs are copags generally pvc and huge step up from paper cards. They tend to fade with heavy use and are a little bit thicker than some more expensive options like KEMs and and Desjgn.

Most here would characterize them as good cards but not great cards. I used them exclusively for years until I discovered PCF and was introduced to some other options.

The red cards at the top look to be the variety made in Belgium. The ones on the bottom are made in Brazil. The difference in stock is minimal but its there. The Brazilian stock is just a bit softer and a bit more flexible. The Belgian stock is very hard to find, and seems to only be available in Europe.

The red cards at the top look to be the variety made in Belgium. The ones on the bottom are made in Brazil. The difference in stock is minimal but its there. The Brazilian stock is just a bit softer and a bit more flexible. The Belgian stock is very hard to find, and seems to only be available in Europe.
So I'm so lucky I could buy both, but I may prefer de Brazilian cards if they are more flexible.

What do you think @Thomacetti ?

Thank you!
Carlos

I own both the Copag Deck, they are okayish good workhorse deck but their ink printing fade after awhile which i used to just buy in bulk and replace them after their ink printing fade

Last edited:
Let me confuse a bit more
The red version is Copag's 100% plastic line (2pip/4pip/normal & large index)
The Gold/Black version is their Texas Holdem line (2pip/4pip/normal & large index)

Imho, only difference is the cream color centers

100% plastic
copag-100-percent-jumbo-face-red.jpg

Texas Holdem
copag-texas-holdem-cards-red.jpg

I don't feel or see a difference in stock between plastic range & texas range....but do prefer the Belgium stock vs brazil stock.
That said, if i'm holding or dealing the cards...I will ALWAYS pay a bit more for Cartamundi BE stock, Fournier or Piatnik.

Last edited:
If I remember well the red one is their packaging for the bridge size cards. Quite hard to find.

[edit]

I think I mixed with these :

s-l300.jpg

I use poker-size Copags to deal blackjack out of a 6-deck shoe. I find their relative slipperiness good for this reason, as it allows for a quick glide out. They can take a little rough handling as well since I use a cheap battery-powered sorter that helps me shuffle the 6 decks. Only thing that's annoying is that sometimes a few top cards will slide out of the discard pile when the stack gets tall. I use other cards for poker.

Are there differences between the ones in the OP and the 1546 setups that I come across more regularly (in the US)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom