What am I looking for and does it exist? (1 Viewer)

TriTaylor

Pair
Reaction score
In this new day and age I’m only comfortable hosting poker games outdoors, and that’s where the wind lives. I’ve been using a small level as a weight to keep the flop from blowing away. I vaguely remember seeing outdoor poker on TV from back in the day, and there were transparent glass weights for the flop/community cards… unless I imagined it. I don’t know what they’re called and I’ve had zero success trying to search for it. Help!

In this new day and age I’m only comfortable hosting poker games outdoors, and that’s where the wind lives. I’ve been using a small level as a weight to keep the flop from blowing away. I vaguely remember seeing outdoor poker on TV from back in the day, and there were transparent glass weights for the flop/community cards… unless I imagined it. I don’t know what they’re called and I’ve had zero success trying to search for it. Help!

I play all of my games outside all year round in Miami and it is windy season in the winter. I had seen a tournament being played under a cabana on a beach in Aruba on TV and saw that they used a narrow piece of glass on the table that the dealer slid his cards under. This sounds like what you are referring to as well. I went to Home Depot and they have a stock piece of tempered glass with beveled edges that is about 3"x36" available in the aisle that has Lexan and replacement glass (maybe in the door/window aisle?). I then just used four of those sticky felt pads meant to be put under chair legs for the four corners of the glass so that the glass sits about 1/8" off the table. We slide the cards under that and the glass is long enough that it can be used by the guys at either end of the table.

I play all of my games outside all year round in Miami and it is windy season in the winter. I had seen a tournament being played under a cabana on a beach in Aruba on TV and saw that they used a narrow piece of glass on the table that the dealer slid his cards under. This sounds like what you are referring to as well. I went to Home Depot and they have a stock piece of tempered glass with beveled edges that is about 3"x36" available in the aisle that has Lexan and replacement glass (maybe in the door/window aisle?). I then just used four of those sticky felt pads meant to be put under chair legs for the four corners of the glass so that the glass sits about 1/8" off the table. We slide the cards under that and the glass is long enough that it can be used by the guys at either end of the table.

While the piece I have been using was definitely of a replacement piece of glass, it looks like they have glass shelves as well which would work fine if you use those felt pads like I mentioned as spacers to keep it off the table.

This is not the piece I am using but this would work well:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dolle-2...ard-Glass-Line-Shelf-in-Clear-30104/203485062
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076TCZMLX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_33ST17541TWRFFQ3F378

I think what I am using looks like a glass window slat replacement but I like the really rounded edges on one of the shelves above better:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/TAFCO-WINDOWS-4-in-x-30-in-Clear-Jalousie-Slat-JALGC304/301981578

Maybe a short, 10mm thick glass shelf might work? Around 1 foot length might not be too unwieldy.
We use a small, glass shelf on the poker table. Dealer slides the board and the muck/burn cards under it. It's not flashy and everyone has to manage their own hand, but it works great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom