What a shot! (1 Viewer)

I have watched quite a bit of curling in the Olympics (favorite drunk sport to watch) but I am going to need someone to inform me what they mean at 0:36 by "hit it right in the crotch". Sounds painful

@moose how about this?

Pretty good. But it was an obvious and easy shot for 3 and the tie. He got lucky to get the ones at the back to score four.

I made a similar double run double takeout like this one this morning. Unfortunately it wasn't to win a brier game.

I was up in whistler for a little while and every night I would turn on TSN and watch the brier until I feel asleep, fun sport to watch but I think I would really like to give it a try. I absolutely love BC for many reasons, but two of them are definitely curling on all the time and seeing Steven page in random commercials. :cool

I love curling. I see it as the last remote hope for me to win an Olympic medal.

Ok. so I have never played the sport. Don't know anyone who does play here in Texas. But, it seems like with enough money to hire the best and lots of practice, I could be able to toss the first two stones in a preliminary round or two and let the pros take it the rest of the way to the medal podium. It doesn't seem likely to happen, but at least it could be remotely plausible.

It isn't like I have even a remote chance playing water polo, track & field or some X-game style winter sport -=- DrStrange

PS It was a remarkable shot. what a comeback!

Pretty good. But it was an obvious and easy shot for 3 and the tie. He got lucky to get the ones at the back to score four.

I made a similar double run double takeout like this one this morning. Unfortunately it wasn't to win a brier game.

I need to come up there and have you teach me. CA meetup??

I love curling. I see it as the last remote hope for me to win an Olympic medal.

Ok. so I have never played the sport. Don't know anyone who does play here in Texas. But, it seems like with enough money to hire the best and lots of practice, I could be able to toss the first two stones in a preliminary round or two and let the pros take it the rest of the way to the medal podium. It doesn't seem likely to happen, but at least it could be remotely plausible.

It isn't like I have even a remote chance playing water polo, track & field or some X-game style winter sport -=- DrStrange

PS It was a remarkable shot. what a comeback!

Looks like these guys had the same idea.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/38841125

However, our team won the club championship last year.

image1.jpeg

Our club has 22 teams. Then my skip moved to Nunavut. So we didn't enter the club champions bonspiel - win that against all the other champion teams from all across Ontario and you go to the National Finals for the club champions team (not the brier). So first you have to beat your club and then you have to beat out the hundreds of other club champions from Ontario just to go to Nationals. Yesterday I found out my former skip put a team into the Nunavut event for the same thing. Two teams entered. He won the game and gets to go to the National Finals. So hey, move to Nunavut. I won't be surprised if he makes the brier in the coming years - apparently that was only a 3 team competition this year.

87375817_10157617252845091_4280480637598564352_n.jpg

The heart is what you get when you go to a National Finals, different colours for the different events. Brier teams get a purple heart.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom