What’s your dream seating for a home game? (1 Viewer)

Taghkanic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
If money were no object, my ideal seats for a poker room would be Knoll’s classic Pollock swivel chair, designed some 50 years ago:

Knoll-pollock.png

The arms can be removed if one prefers armless seats. There are currently two base configurations—five legs with wheels, or four with sliders. (Confusingly, this pic shows four legs with wheels... Either it was retrofitted, or is a vintage version.) The sliders are more elegant, but wheels seem more functional for poker players fidgeting, getting up, etc.

These have a 360-degree swivel and a nice tensionable tilt function, plus height adjustment.

I had one of these as a desk chair for almost 10 years of working at a computer, and never had a single back problem. Also, the leather gets better and better with use.

https://www.knoll.com/product/pollock-executive-chair

Prices new range from $2K-$3K, but you can often find them used for $400-$1,000 depending on condition, material, and and options.

Last edited:
I dream chair at a poker table includes comfy cushions, a high enough back that I can rest my head, wheels, swivel ability, and no armrests. I think most people might prefer armrests, but I find that they get in the way too often and take up too much space. Plus, my hands tend to be on the table more often than not and I barely use armrests if at all while at the poker table. I'm playing with my chips or my cards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom