What’s the best site / company for custom plaques? {WTHC Set} (1 Viewer)

Bkrafty34

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I’m going to get a run 10-20 plaques and already have them designed.

anybody have a site the recommend who has produced good results for them?

Msk 100%. Much nicer than ceramic plaques.

Just received these last week
IMG_20200722_162601.jpg

The best plaques are made by Matsui but very very pricey! The best for the price I would say are MSK if you are looking for this style.
20200722_092814.jpg

All of these are products offered by MSK and they are truly fantastic!!

If you are looking for an economical version the ceramics made by @BR Pro Poker are also very nice... sorry I do not have any pictures of those.

Fellow Chipper Ben

The best plaques are made by Matsui but very very pricey! The best for the price I would say are MSK if you are looking for this style.
View attachment 498401
All of these are products offered by MSK and they are truly fantastic!!

If you are looking for an economical version the ceramics made by @BR Pro Poker are also very nice... sorry I do not have any pictures of those.

Fellow Chipper Ben
What's a ballpark price for a small order of plaques from MSK?

If you only order 20 it might be about $7.50-$8 a plaque. But that comes down to about $5.50-$6 once you get towards 40-50+

Why don’t you order one from each as a sample and then decide?
That would be a good idea, however, they're all outside of the US, so you would be paying a lot of money for one plaque of each. Abbiati is the only one that offers real Mother of Pearl Plaques if that's what you're looking for, but MSK and Matsui offer great Acrylic plaques. For Ceramics, you should probably just buy from BRPro. My personal recommendation, and who I'm going to for my plaques, is MSK, but that's just me.

If you want cheap, Plaques can be purchased in the Cards Mold group buy at THIS LINK.

Here are the Plaques prices. We haven't seen any examples of plaques, but print quality for chip samples look fantastic. I suspect they will be close to BR Pro Poker quality, at less than half the price. Minimum order quantity is 25 per design. I'm not sure if you can only buy plaques, or if you have to get them along with chips. You'll have to ask @SeanGecko

Cards mold Plaques.png

My .02: What chips will they be going with? I have ceramic plaques from @BR Pro Poker and cannot get enough of them. For the price and perk of full customization, really don't think you can go wrong. Plus, if you order from Matsui or MSK, you'll be beholden to long shipping times and tariffs. View attachment 498421
I will say I have some plaques from @BR Pro Poker and I like them a lot

From least to most expensive:
  1. Rectangle ceramic plaques from China
  2. Rectangle ceramic plaques from ABC/BRPro
  3. Ceramic plaques from Sun-Fly (rectangle, rounded-corner, and oval also available)
  4. Acrylic plaques from MSK
  5. Acrylic plaques from Matsui
  6. Acrylic plaques from Abbiati
I much prefer the thicker rounded-corner ceramic plaques from Sun-Fly over the thinner credit-card sized rectangular ceramic plaques from other ceramic plaque manufacturers. Sun-Fly's thicker ceramics are available in four sizes (plus oval-shaped), and for minimal extra cost, are a no-brainer decision to me if considering ceramics.

MSK makes nice acrylic plaques for reasonable prices. Their less expensive plaques seem a little cheap to me, but adding premium components can create some pretty nice products.

Nothing compares to the superb quality and multiple options of the high-end products produced by Matsui and Abbiati, but the prices are quite high.

Do you think the plaques from the cards mold buy will be comparable? Or a big step down from BR Pro Poker?
Based on the differences between dealer button product design and quality, I'd be concerned unless I saw direct evidence to the contrary.

Based on the differences between dealer button product design and quality, I'd be concerned unless I saw direct evidence to the contrary.
Thanks. If I recall correctly, I think the main objection to the DBs from the cards mold manufacturer was that they were considerably thinner than the ones from. BR Pro Poker. In the case of plaques, I think the "credit card" sized ones are similar in thickness. So the only potential issue is print quality. Are are there other concerns? For someone on a tight budget (me!) we can get 85x53 plaques for under a dollar each with the cards mold GB. That's 1/5th the price of BPP at $5 each for a similar size. For me, that price difference equates to getting plaques, or not getting plaques. Yes, I would like to see what they are going to look like, but based on Sean's chips and the samples they recently posted of the China Club tribute samples, I think they will be good enough considering the low cost.

Just saw you're doing WTHC @Bkrafty34. If I'm not mistaken, the contemporaneous Paulson plaques of the time period were ceramics. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but I do recall seeing CDI Paulson plaques and Pharaoh plaques, but I'm not sure if the latter were made by Paulson or after-market

Sunflys plaques according to their site is 5mm thick compared to 3.6mm for the undisclosed chinese producer. Considerable diffrence in weight too. So chances are those ceramic plaques won't compare well based on those traits. Price is another thing though... i have msk plaques and am really happy with what i got. They might be less expensive than the really premium plaques, but they sure aren't cheap. You are looking at hundreds of dollars for something in a playable quantity.

I will also say this, i know most of you guys are US based, but for me in Europe both sunfly and msk have great turnaround. Like 3 weeks from placing your order and to having it in your hands.

Certainly sunfly are a joy to deal with - that said so are Matsui (not saying the others aren’t but I have only dealt with Sunfly and Matsui personally)
MSK is amazing with their design team and their communication. They will work with you until you are satisfied and walk you through everything... very positive experience with them...

MSK also has plaque racks. I just ordered a couple with my plaque order. And yes they are great to deal with too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom