Were you shut out on the JACK Detroit Sale? (1 Viewer)

First order from work - great speed - great connection - got everything I wanted -- second sale from home - - I thought my connection was good -- but I guess not --- But I did get the $1,000 / $5,000 chips I wanted.... Is it still too early to try and sell extras ----- or even auction some off ???---

First order from work - great speed - great connection - got everything I wanted -- second sale from home - - I thought my connection was good -- but I guess not --- But I did get the $1,000 / $5,000 chips I wanted.... Is it still too early to try and sell extras ----- or even auction some off ???---

Depends. Do you want to be ‘that’ guy? :nailbite: Lots of chips are being sold/offered/exchanged via PMs. But I can only hope that those listing chips publicly don’t gouge the unfortunate. I will be selling 7-10 racks after I get all my shipments, at current prices listed by Jim. Probably sometime next week.

Depends. Do you want to be ‘that’ guy? :nailbite: Lots of chips are being sold/offered/exchanged via PMs. But I can only hope that those listing chips publicly don’t gouge the unfortunate. I will be selling 7-10 racks after I get all my shipments, at current prices listed by Jim. Probably sometime next week.

RIP your inbox

I will be selling 7-10 racks after I get all my shipments, at current prices listed by Jim. Probably sometime next week.
That is very nice of you and I am sure folks appreciate that.

Missed out sat this one out because RHC

Great chips, awsome seller but why people are going nuts over these and no buyers for the awsome set from @hdgeno
Mind is blown.....

That is very nice of you and I am sure folks appreciate that.

That's just how Ken rolls....all flippers should take note
Only reason this is going via PM is because I hope @TheChipRoom is scanning & banning all flippers for future sales (that is has come to this again makes me sad). A few more of these sales and Jim will go eBay exclusive (and that is a shame for all new members). How the times have changed/stayed the same :(

Great chips, awsome seller but why people are going nuts over these and no buyers for the awsome set from @hdgeno
Mind is blown.....

Price has a lot to do with it. Even though these were/are RHCs, not only some have great color/spot patterns, but minty Paulsons at those prices can't be beat. And given how much was spent in a matter of 10 days, I think there is a shortage of funds for many and this is probably the worst time to be selling high quality, high end, high-priced chips.

Price has a lot to do with it. Even though these were/are RHCs, not only some have great color/spot patterns, but minty Paulsons at those prices can't be beat. And given how much was spent in a matter of 10 days, I think there is a shortage of funds for many and this is probably the best time to be buying high quality, high end, high-priced chips.

FYP
Got it chief ;)

Mind is blown.....

Thanks for the shoutout!

Price has a lot to do with it. Even though these were/are RHCs, not only some have great color/spot patterns, but minty Paulsons at those prices can't be beat. And given how much was spent in a matter of 10 days, I think there is a shortage of funds for many and this is probably the worst time to be selling high quality, high end, high-priced chips.

Good thing I scrolled down, I was going to type something quite similar. A set of Jack chips comparable to my ES set would certainly be cheaper I'm sure. There were a lot of great chips dumped into the market, and that hurt my attempted sale, but I will not complain. It is never a bad thing to have @TheChipRoom posting sales, that is what we all wish for often in this hobby. Jim is a fantastic human being, who has done immeasurable good for our community. My Ritz set will eventually sell (as would the ES if I had left it up), and in the mean time I will drool over all the cool new sets in pron threads!

first auction just went up.

also, shameless plug: I'm trying to pick up more secondary $1Ks, either cash or trade of primary $1Ks :)

Y

You and your wife don’t know Jack
My wife and I liked these
1AA0F832-E6AD-4365-8F7B-AC39391A0A50.jpeg
D464099F-EEAD-423E-9EC9-5E3766BD0EF6.jpeg

So we might know Jack!

Missed the #1 sale. It was really weird, I did everything right REALLY fast and it literally said every chip denomination was sold out. Then I adjusted just the 500 chip to secondary instead of primary, and LESS inventory was gone in the other denominations. Basically when it said all was sold out of say the 25 secondaries, on the second try it was in stock.

Missed #2 sale because I was just too late.
that sucks.

I didn't get them because I'm poor AF and on a self-imposed chip buying hiatus for the year... and the gf says no more chips till I've bought a car & labeled the 8vs!

WINNERS!!!

Thanks everyone for your stories. Per the OP, (the deadline was yesterday) the 3 winners with the best reasons/worst stories on how they got shut out will receive a major award.

They are:

@krafticus , @FriendlyDonkey and @Denali &
ALSO, bonus set to @MegaTon44 for keeping us on the edge of our seats!

they each will get a full (10 chip) sample set of my custom ceramics "The Retreat".

Thanks for playing! - Gary

(Please PM me with your mailing address).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom