Welcome to Story Hill (CPC) (1 Viewer)

Grand slam set from top to bottom!!!!

I love the shaped inlays and the inlay itself is perfectly executed.

The year to design was time well spent. I love that you didn’t rush anything just to have it. Doing something right means taking time. Congratulations on an epic set.
Damn well said Adam!! That is how you compliment someone on a set!

@MarquetteMonkey... got the chipping legends commenting... early prediction, but you may be Hall of Fame bound!!

The fact that you did your own designs and not even a designer just adds on to the amazingness here!! Gotta feel Awesome man!!

giphy (1).gif

sometimes all that is needed is the appropriate gif. bravo to you sir.

Damn well said Adam!! That is how you compliment someone on a set!

@MarquetteMonkey... got the chipping legends commenting... early prediction, but you may be Hall of Fame bound!!

The fact that you did your own designs and not even a designer just adds on to the amazingness here!! Gotta feel Awesome man!!
But for now... go for the 2020 Custom Set of the Year!

Hey Andy. These are phenomenal man! Seriously just a beautifully designed set and absolutely killah in person. I love the use of retro blue for the dollah...great base color. The 500 and 1000 are perfect. Congrats on a really great set all around. I am absolutely honored to have a sample set on display.

Outstanding set. Congratulations. Former Story Hill residents Hiram Story & Spencer Tracy would be proud.

I binge watched all of the John McGivern shows at the beginning of the pandemic, including the Story Hill episode. Great neighborhood.

Fantastic design! I love absolutely everything about it. The name is superb and the self drawn images on both sides looks very professional. The attention to detail is evident and having @72o and @Irish in your corner means you’re in good hands! They’ve made some of my favorite sets on the site.

So many good chips in your lineup, I can’t decide if I like the $1, $500 or $1000 best. Can’t wait to see in-game shots of them.

Congrats again on a great set!

Nice job - love how you color matched the door of the houses to the chip, but did a different color than the text. Little touches like that, that you don't see at first, I think are a huge part of why they just look good.

Very very impressed - hope you get to use them early and often!

Holy fook man. I haven't really wanted a CPC set this bad until all these recent reveals. So dope dude. That 1k chip is gasoline.

Fantastic chips / fantastic work! I can immediately see the love and devotion with which you were involved in your project. But the best things i think
1. your great description
2. that you didn't limit yourself to 3 or 4 chip designs. You created with 7 Chips a very flexible Set, i would do the same!
Enjoy it.

Fantastic chips / fantastic work! I can immediately see the love and devotion with which you were involved in your project. But the best things i think
2. that you didn't limit yourself to 3 or 4 chip designs. You created with 7 Chips a very flexible Set, i would do the same!
Enjoy it.
New members take note!! That my friends is they way to get your minimum post count!! Put some thought into it, show your passion for the hobby... oh and recognize that these are definitely headed for the HOF!! Definitely top ten of my favorite customs list as well!

Enjoy it.
Thanks for this! The advice that I really took to heart during this process:

1) Get samples - this was huge as color differences can be noticeable from the mock up took. Personally I think DG Peach is a completely underrated color. In recent years it has gotten more vibrant it seems.

2)Take your time! - There were so many times that I thought my set was “Done” only to to make some continued tweaks after setting it down for a while and coming back to it.

3) Make the set for you, not for what you think others will like. - Getting some feedback from a couple of experienced vets helped me realize some things I might have missed without them pointing it out, but I didn’t want to open it up completely to the forums because it would have been too many voices in my opinion. I know I probably have too much blue, but I like it. I know some would highly discourage using a set for cash and tournament, but I know my game plays small and really only with close friends and family that I trust.

It was certainly a fun project!

New members take note!! That my friends is they way to get your minimum post count!! Put some thought into it, show your passion for the hobby... oh and recognize that these are definitely headed for the HOF!! Definitely top ten of my favorite customs list as well!

Thanks again for kind words about the set Ben! @WedgeRock 2020 set of the year thread has so many great sets this year it’s amazing!

Thanks for this! The advice that I really took to heart during this process:

1) Get samples - this was huge as color differences can be noticeable from the mock up took. Personally I think DG Peach is a completely underrated color. In recent years it has gotten more vibrant it seems.

2)Take your time! - There were so many times that I thought my set was “Done” only to to make some continued tweaks after setting it down for a while and coming back to it.

3) Make the set for you, not for what you think others will like. - Getting some feedback from a couple of experienced vets helped me realize some things I might have missed without them pointing it out, but I didn’t want to open it up completely to the forums because it would have been too many voices in my opinion. I know I probably have too much blue, but I like it. I know some would highly discourage using a set for cash and tournament, but I know my game plays small and really only with close friends and family that I trust.

It was certainly a fun project!

Such great advice!

Nice job - love how you color matched the door of the houses to the chip, but did a different color than the text. Little touches like that, that you don't see at first, I think are a huge part of why they just look good.

Very very impressed - hope you get to use them early and often!
Wow- I did miss that first time, and even better looking through again appreciating those extra details. Beautiful set! Love the mixture of vibrant and classy. And bonus points on the shaped inlays

I missed this thread back in November. Congrats! This set is an absolute stunner. Love the history behind these, love the shaped inlays, love the simple/classic look to them. The more of these sets I see the more I want to create one. Best of luck with them!

Thank you for the kind words! It was a labor of love and I enjoyed the process almost as much as the chips themselves.
I am long overdue to get some splashed pot pr0n and a family photo in here soon.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom