Welcome to Jack's Card Room: Tales of Donks, Degeneracy, and Dice Chips (well, not the last one) (1 Viewer)

Which card set up should be used for the first game back?

• Fournier 2816 Red/Blue

• Fournier 2800 Red/Blue

• King Australia Medieval Red/Blue

• Modiano Texas Poker Red/Blue

• Dal Negro Virgolone Red/Blue or Orange/Green

• Bicycle Prestige by Fournier Red/Blue

• NTP Blackjack Poker Blue/Red or Green/Yellow

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know the Fournier 2816.
What are they ?

Very nice equipment. Your players shall be happy !

Riverboats were in play tonight. Chopped it to double my input of $15 to $30.

20200719_174225.jpg
20200719_174413.jpg
20200719_201048.jpg
20200719_225510.jpg

Very nice !

Aren't the 25 and 500 too close ? From the pics I have that impression.
If anything the dark green on the T25 and the black color on the T100 were a bit close. Distinguishable in a stack but if you're not paying attention and are looking quickly, you may mistake the two. I needed to take a few extra seconds to count how many chips the other players had a couple of times because of this. One of the only drawbacks with these chips and quarter pies in general.

You guys, I forgot to mention. I had a couple of guys request PLO be played at our next cash game. I'm turning them into degens.

Everything Is Going According To Plan GIFs | Tenor

Had dealer's choice cash tonight. Stuff got a little weird.

Following games were played:

NLHE
PLO
Pineapple
Crazy Pineapple
Lazy Pinapple
Double Board Hold 'em
5 Card Draw
5 Card Draw with Wild Card of dealer's choosing

I had double my buy in before 5 Card draw with two's wild was called. I lost back to back hands with three kings and lost the next one with a made King high flush to a straight flush made with two wild cards :dead:

Safe to say I was not the one calling the 5 card draw games. I called mostly pineapple and was the only one to call double board hold 'em. Was only 4 of us so circus games worked nicely and it was still a fun night!

No photos because we used BW chips. :x

But, we did have the first royal in any game we've had in our 15+ years of this game with this group of guys during 5 card draw with wildcard. Not a real royal, but first one I've seen live, wild cards or not. Luckily I folded pre and the pot didn't get too swollen because the holder of this hand over bet first round and didn't get any action :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Jack's Card Room STT added to tournament sets!

Last edited:
Had dealer's choice cash tonight. Stuff got a little weird.

Following games were played:

NLHE
PLO
Pineapple
Crazy Pineapple
Lazy Pinapple
Double Board Hold 'em
5 Card Draw
5 Card Draw with Wild Card of dealer's choosing

I had double my buy in before 5 Card draw with two's wild was called. I lost back to back hands with three kings and lost the next one with a made King high flush to a straight flush made with two wild cards :dead:

Safe to say I was not the one calling the 5 card draw games. I called mostly pineapple and was the only one to call double board hold 'em. Was only 4 of us so circus games worked nicely and it was still a fun night!

No photos because we used BW chips. :x

But, we did have the first royal in any game we've had in our 15+ years of this game with this group of guys during 5 card draw with wildcard. Not a real royal, but first one I've seen live, wild cards or not. Luckily I folded pre and the pot didn't get too swollen because the holder of this hand over bet first round and didn't get any action :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I need to have a dealers choice night some time. Hell maybe ill get it going tonight.

Seeing talking about 5 cards draw game, I was thinking this week of the following mixed event :

NL Draw High / Ace-to-Five mixed events
Both games played with 2 blinds
Game changes every orbit
NL for both games
In Draw High, no min. hand to open (in other words not a Jacks or Better variant)
In Lowball, the "must bet a seven" rule is not applied
Check-raise is allowed in both games
Liming is allowed
Joker is used in both variants

I ran an almost similar event in the past (without wild card and lowball was played as 2-7) and it was quite nice.

Got a couple of things out and ready to go for tomorrow! Usual monthly 0.10/0.20 cash game with close friends. CDI cash set is going to be in play for the first time!

20200815_235811.jpg

High hand of the night:

20200816_204028.jpg

Not my night tonight. In for $40 and out for $15.

I'm finally putting the semi custom Jack's Card Room solids into play with some accessories that made it just in the nick of time!

Sadly, in talking to my players and their comfort level of playing live with COVID cases going up, I think that this may be the last game I host this year and possibly for the foreseeable future. At least until case numbers plateau and begin a downward trajectory, which will be who knows when. This makes me so sad :(

I'm going to savor every little bit of this, so I'm cutting stacks a little under 24 hours before game time.

20201105_214510.jpg
20201105_215031.jpg
20201105_215036.jpg
20201105_215041.jpg
20201106_205759.jpg

Love the pics. Hate the fact that we’re moving back toward lockdown too!

Shut down for the remainder of the year and probably longer. I didn't have a good game the last time out. Re-bought twice and stormed back into chip leader, but got coolered by having runner runner trips and a full boat beat my queens on a relatively dry flop.

20201108_004036.jpg

In the meantime, help me design a "championship belt" trophy for my league next year!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...r-of-my-annual-poker-tournament-league.65869/

Hopefully when I’m done volunteering at the Portuguese club I’ll have more time to finally attend one of your games

Hopefully when I’m done volunteering at the Portuguese club I’ll have more time to finally attend one of your games
The next one I have is going to be quite some time from now I'm afraid. One more league night I need to get in with my local guys before the end of the month, then taking a break from hosting/playing for a few weeks. Baby #2 coming end of next month. Then it's the holidays. Early next year in all likelihood where I try to have a cash night with two tables.

Took last night's league game down. 2nd in points in the league so far with 8 games left.

20210912_210307.jpg
20210912_214331.jpg

Winning hand pictured above. AJ>A7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom