Welcome to everyone who has made the transition from the dark side (1 Viewer)

I think everybody who was involved with the recent exodus is very pleased with Tommy's place. :) Looking forward to all of the great things that are destined to happen here!

Still sorta sad to lose the old forum... sorta like putting down your 15-year-old dog when he can't eat or stand up anymore and lives in constant pain.... but the dead blue sea scrolls will still live on in our memories.

I think everybody who was involved with the recent exodus is very pleased with Tommy's place. :) Looking forward to all of the great things that are destined to happen here!

Still sorta sad to lose the old forum... sorta like putting down your 15-year-old dog when he can't eat or stand up anymore and lives in constant pain.... but the dead blue sea scrolls will still live on in our memories.

Strange that although my posts on the dark side seem to have been the only ones made in the past 6 hours, they have had a ton of views if the counters are true. I bet tons of people are trying to reply.

Yeah, I've pretty much given up trying to post. Half the time I get a database error message, the other half the post doesn't show up for days until somebody else posts after me (if ever).

This 100 percent!!!!

It seems like we have jumped from version 1.2 to 6.0. Everything here seems to be a major upgrade. Tommy, thanks for having us over here. I have learned a lot from the other site and learned that I have an appreciation of poker chips that your site will only continue feeding. Also, the poker room is awesome.

LOL - one of my posts there from 6 hours ago just showed up along with RedBelly's PM from about the same time.
Well I am going to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

This 100 percent!!!!

It seems like we have jumped from version 1.2 to 6.0. Everything here seems to be a major upgrade. Tommy, thanks for having us over here. I have learned a lot from the other site and learned that I have an appreciation of poker chips that your site will only continue feeding. Also, the poker room is awesome.

I reckon the CT database got too big for the software. Off the shelf software won't cut it when you have so many files. TheChipBoard uses the simplest of software for that very reason (1.2 million posts!)

Someone should migrate as much chip pr0n from there to here as they can in case she's down and out for good.

Someone should migrate as much chip pr0n from there to here as they can in case she's down and out for good.

I think much of the pr0n there is already hosted externally on photo sharing sites. The users/owners of those would have to re-post them here.

For myself, I find this as an opportunity to take new pr0n in many cases. I have become a better photographer and can do a better job than I had before.

I just need to start building new galleries and taking new photos (where needed).

It is a bit of a shame that some great threads will be lost (I think). Things like chip cleaning and de-warping... hotstamp removal... lots of knowledge.

I think much of the pr0n there is already hosted externally on photo sharing sites. The users/owners of those would have to re-post them here.

For myself, I find this as an opportunity to take new pr0n in many cases. I have become a better photographer and can do a better job than I had before.

I just need to start building new galleries and taking new photos (where needed).

I have started a thread in the Pron section just for this.. for custom sets though.. No comments, only pronage

So where's the PGI CPS GB thread? Billions of posts on CT and not one mention here

Last edited:
If anyone needs threads started in this forum just to help 'move anything across' just shout.

It is a bit of a shame that some great threads will be lost (I think). Things like chip cleaning and de-warping... hotstamp removal... lots of knowledge.
Are posts made to the big blue monster owned by CT? If not we can just start copying and pasting relevant information here.

Not to mention all the great meetups that took place every year, the stories, the photos.

Are posts made to the big blue monster owned by CT? If not we can just start copying and pasting relevant information here.

Absolutely not. Post content remains the property of the poster (he is the one that gets sued for slander etc. etc.) Images remain the property of the person that created the original image.
We had legal advice on those issues for TheChipBoard and ChipGuide quite recently.

Suggestion that if you copy anything across that was posted by someone else without their knowledge (ie because you cant trace them), simply add [originally posted by xyz on CT] at the bottom.

i think anyone with any active posts/threads should post on CT and reroute people to follow here. I didnt see the post on CT to join PCF until this morning.

Site looks great though, glad to see someone take some pride in something for once.

i think anyone with any active posts/threads should post on CT and reroute people to follow here. I didnt see the post on CT to join PCF until this morning.

Site looks great though, glad to see someone take some pride in something for once.

Not your fault you didn't see it until this morning. As I posted elsewhere it didn't even show until about 6 hours after I posted it (although someone said they found it through the search)

Anyone see SixSpeedFury here yet? I was in middle of a Sample Set GB for his Fast Cash Club chips and DBs......last post in the thread was 2+ weeks ago..... :(
I searched for his username and it didn't come up, I guess he'll make it the same if/when he gets over here.
nitzilla

Anyone see SixSpeedFury here yet? I was in middle of a Sample Set GB for his Fast Cash Club chips and DBs......last post in the thread was 2+ weeks ago..... :(
I searched for his username and it didn't come up, I guess he'll make it the same if/when he gets over here.
nitzilla

PM him. There are so many people it's easy to leave someone out on this mass migration.

PM him. There are so many people it's easy to leave someone out on this mass migration.

I can't make any 'reply' posts (ie tried replying to SixSpeed) on CT stick at all but did manage a new thread in Custom Chips general with the link to come over here and join us.
Any other forums on CT I should post in also if it will let me?

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I've managed to post a message in all the CT forums that had activity in the past few weeks.
I've also asked Tommy if we can have a forum added here to replicate the Collectors Corner area.

I've managed to post a message in all the CT forums that had activity in the past few weeks.

Greg when he sees everyone spreading the world on CT:

GM3Q7m1.jpg

Argh, there's just one problem with this. We had been using PM's to avoid clueing Mojo into the new site, now he's sure to find us! :(

Also, anyone hear from Doc Strange? I pm'd him but didn't hear back, would love to have him transition with us, great strat posts.

I just pm'd XTWalker as well, he always has good strat input

Argh, there's just one problem with this. We had been using PM's to avoid clueing Mojo into the new site, now he's sure to find us! :(

Also, anyone hear from Doc Strange? I pm'd him but didn't hear back, would love to have him transition with us, great strat posts.

I just pm'd XTWalker as well, he always has good strat input
I've posted about the change in Home Poker on 2+2. Doc stops in there pretty regularly and should see it.

Well, at least his woe-is-me argument about 'supporting members' won't have any legs to stand on here.....

I'm here too... Well, I've been here for a bit now, but over on CT, I was Couga. Glad to see everyone here and grateful we still have a place to hang out.

Hi David, just wondering if you have ever thought about having a general discussion thread in your sub-forum where people could post general questions and you could answer when time permits?

Just an idea because I was wondering on the CPC website it stats bright white could be used as an edge color for no extra cost with imperfections, I was wondering what these imperfections might involve? Squashed spots or color transfer? And also thought others might have the same or simliar questions.

Cheers
Stocky

Hi David, just wondering if you have ever thought about having a general discussion thread in your sub-forum where people could post general questions and you could answer when time permits?

Just an idea because I was wondering on the CPC website it stats bright white could be used as an edge color for no extra cost with imperfections, I was wondering what these imperfections might involve? Squashed spots or color transfer? And also thought others might have the same or simliar questions.

Cheers
Stocky

Yes, I will do that. I keep forgetting I am the only one who can start a new thread there.
To answer your question anyway, it is really hard to make bright white perfectly with no contamination from other colors. Dye dust is so fine it can be invisible to the naked eye until you see it in a pressed chip. With any color other than bright white it is an accepted fact. So given that however careful we are, only about 50% of the bright White is perfect, we decided there would have to be a substantial premium when it was used as a body color, but that the discarded 50% would be good enough for most spots. The imperfections are only likely to be faint specks of another color here or there (on a small spot maybe not even visible). Anything worse than that will be discarded anyway.

Thanks David, in regards to the faint color specks, is it possible that they may be colors that are from a different chip is it more likely going to be from the same chip base?

I guess what iI'm trying to ask is if you had a green base with Bright white spots is there a chance you could get blue or red specks in the spots?

Also thank you for the detailed answers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom