Weekly Mixed Game Strategy Discussion (1 Viewer)

MrCatPants

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As my group has become more active with mixed/circus games, I've gotten very interested in proper strategy for each - it's very refreshing to decipher new games after years of hold'em/PLO/PLO8. Some of my group feels that circus games are just playing bingo, but I think many of them have unique aspects and additional information available that makes them quite beatable.

Was thinking about starting a thread series on here where we take a mixed game a week and discuss strategy, starters, etc. Would you frequenters of the strategy forum have interest in this type of dialogue on a game-a-week format?

JMC9389

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in. I only started playing mixed games a year ago and don't have much experience in them but I'm always happy to take the lessons where I can!

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
As my group has become more active with mixed/circus games, I've gotten very interested in proper strategy for each - it's very refreshing to decipher new games after years of hold'em/PLO/PLO8. Some of my group feels that circus games are just playing bingo, but I think many of them have unique aspects and additional information available that makes them quite beatable.

Was thinking about starting a thread series on here where we take a mixed game a week and discuss strategy, starters, etc. Would you frequenters of the strategy forum have interest in this type of dialogue on a game-a-week format?
You know I'm down.

Rhodeman77

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don’t tap the glass!

Obviously it is all luck and anyone that says different is stupid and wrong.

RainmanTrail

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some experience is 7card Stud tourney.

But @RainmanTrail is a real expert, maybe he can teach us.

I'll try to contribute if people tag me for hands, but I don't usually follow the strategy section much. But I do have a lot of stud experience (hi, hi-lo, and razz), so feel free to tag me if you have an interesting hand that you want my thoughts on.

I also have dozens of videos on pokerstrategy.com for mixed games that you could watch. I think I also still have private links to some videos I posted to youtube that I'd have to dig up if anyone is interested in those.

Top Bottom