Weatherproof polyester - protecting spray (1 Viewer)

Himewad

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m purchasing some printed labels on weatherproof polyester material (https://www.onlinelabels.com/products/ol1025lp?src=mp-331&sr=1061754653). I have printed samples and I’m impressed with the material. Now I will just want to spray them to protect them further. I’m torn between Krylon Crystal Clear acrylic spray and Krylon Prserve It spray. Anyone use either? Thoughts on each?

No need to tell me to use Gear or ABC. These are going on NexGen 8000 chips. I’m likely going to purchase some Royals in the near future, and I’ll get the higher quality labels for those higher quality chips.

My concerns would be: a) would the coating last, and b) would it look okay
I have sprayed paper labels before and they lasted 10+ years. Don’t think it was Preserve It but I know it wasn’t acrylic. Just this year they started looking worn.

Just following up on my own post ... I eventually decided on the Krylon Preserve It glossy spray, and it looks and feels great on the weatherproof polyester 1” labels from onlinelabels.com.

F411927D-1EAE-4899-8D33-105279ACF725.jpeg

Just following up on my own post ... I eventually decided on the Krylon Preserve It glossy spray, and it looks and feels great on the weatherproof polyester 1” labels from onlinelabels.com.

View attachment 356785
How are they holding up? I am in a similar boat as you. I have a Nexgen tournament set that I had labels printed for over ten years ago. Trying to piece together a cash set to go along with them now. Don't want to spend much money at all on labels as I won't need this extra set very often at all, and want to save my money for a chip upgrade in the future possibly. I just received my blank Avery paper labels that I plan on printing myself. Trying to figure out the best spray for them. I'm hoping the spray can add some gloss, but not too much.

They are holding up fine, but it’s only been six months or so. I actually sold them to a buddy of mine when I bought my Royals though.

Get the matte version. The Krylon Preserve it will work well for you. I’ve heard you can get an acrylic spray as well. Just make sure it has time to cure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom