We were evacuated from our house today, here's what I grabbed (2 Viewers)

I'm almost embarrassed to post this. I'm sitting in my basement in the furthest corner from the only window while sirens are blaring outside, albeit intermittently, to warn of heavy storms and possible tornados. It's unlikely that anything will happen, but better safe than sorry.

So what did I bring with me? Handbag, laptop, tablet, phone, two pairs of glasses, all my cash, credit cards and ID, car key, and a bottle of water. I threw on a pair of long jeans and a good pair of athletic shoes. Not even a single chip! No time -- these things happen suddenly. Damn, I forgot to grab a flashlight.

Something like this shows us what's really important to us.

Will edit this post when I get an all-clear.

Update:
It was scary, but it's over. This was like a practice run, so next time I can be quicker. Did a walk through the house. Everything visible is OK. Chippies are just fine.

Last edited:
I'm almost embarrassed to post this. I'm sitting in my basement in the furthest corner from the only window while sirens are blaring outside, albeit intermittently, to warn of heavy storms and possible tornados. It's unlikeky that anything will happen, but better safe than sorry.

So what did I bring with me? Handbag, laptop, tablet, phone, two pairs of glasses, all my cash, credit cards and ID, car key, and a bottle of water. I threw on a pair of long jeans and a good pair of athletic shoes. Not even a single chip! No time -- these things happen suddenly. Damn, I forgot to grab a flashlight.

It seems like you did pretty well grabbing the stuff you did. I’ve had to evacuate in the middle of the night due to a fire. Sometimes you only have a short window of time. Please be safe

I'm almost embarrassed to post this. I'm sitting in my basement in the furthest corner from the only window while sirens are blaring outside, albeit intermittently, to warn of heavy storms and possible tornados. It's unlikely that anything will happen, but better safe than sorry.

Please be safe! Hoping everyone and the chips survive!

Totally unrelated, but do you have any Mike Trout rookie cards in your collection @RainmanTrail ?

May be a good time to cash in if you do....

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...-card-becomes-highest-selling-sports-card-all

Ya, I have a couple left. I actually had that one in the article too, it was signed by Trout. But mine didn't have the "superfractor" laminate. It's only worth about 15k.

The sports card market is insane now. I can't sell my cards fast enough. I just sold a Luka Doncic card today for 12k. I bought it like 8 months ago for 3k. I've sold at least 100k worth of cards since the pandemic hit lol. I've been shipping a bunch of them off to a consignment company, and shipping others off to get graded. Sell, sell, sell!!! This certainly feels like a bubble.

Ya, I have a couple left. I actually had that one in the article too, it was signed by Trout. But mine didn't have the "superfractor" laminate. It's only worth about 15k.

The sports card market is insane now. I can't sell my cards fast enough. I just sold a Luka Doncic card today for 12k. I bought it like 8 months ago for 3k. I've sold at least 100k worth of cards since the pandemic hit lol. I've been shipping a bunch of them off to a consignment company, and shipping others off to get graded. Sell, sell, sell!!! This certainly feels like a bubble.

I'm doing it wrong...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom