We need something better... (1 Viewer)

DrGrogs

Pair
Reaction score
If the best we can do for chip transport is an adapted photo case, seems the time is right for something new.

I'm glad to see Versa making a sturdier case, but there aren't enough sizes. The Aurora improved birdcages look good, but you can't let them tip over or take them on a plane.

The Claysmith case is close, but it's not built well enough and the foam allows the racks to sag or sit unevenly.

I guess what I've been looking for is something I can buy that merges the durability and protection of the pelican or Versa cases with the visual appeal of a display case or bircage, and the quality of the old wood/leather carriers, all without having to adapt or customize it.

I know the mass market for what I'm describing is killed by all the cheap alternatives. But if so many people here are taking the time and money to adapt the pelican cases, seems someone could make a premium product that hits all the right notes at or below that price.

generally you are going to get robust and easy to move around or something with a classy display style.

Look at gun cases for example; the rifles and pistols people transport are worth more than many sets of chips and you still get presentation cases or transport cases. Not both together.

I guess what I've been looking for is something I can buy that merges the durability and protection of the pelican or Versa cases with the visual appeal of a display case or bircage, and the quality of the old wood/leather carriers, all without having to adapt or customize it.

What about something like this, with a foam-lined clamshell that closed over top of it?

I think I’d want the foam cutouts to receive full chip racks, I’d want a variety of sizes, and I’d build it like a guitar amp, with metal corners and wrapped in tolex for durability.

This is beautiful but too expensive. What I like is the retro form with a modern look and a high quality finish. It’s probably heavy, but the chip protection and functionality of the 200-chip removable blocks is superb.

I think I’d want the foam cutouts to receive full chip racks, I’d want a variety of sizes, and I’d build it like a guitar amp, with metal corners and wrapped in tolex for durability.

The foam cutouts can be made to accommodate any shape object you want. The challenge when it comes to acrylic racks is that there is no standard size - and some are considerably larger than others.

Our products are built out of wood, examples of the things we're working on can be found in this thread if you care to check them out. If you're interested in discussing a custom product, send me a PM or email me at mike@moxiemeninc.com.

This is beautiful but too expensive. What I like is the retro form with a modern look and a high quality finish. It’s probably heavy, but the chip protection and functionality of the 200-chip removable blocks is superb.

Where did you find this and what is the retail price if you don't mind me asking?

It certainly looks like a nice box.

The box was handmade by a craftsman for a playing card startup call Jamm Pakd. They’re asking $990 for it in a package deal with 400 (I think ceramic) poker chips, 2 decks of cards, and other swag. I don’t know what they would charge for just the box. I actually contacted the company to find out. I’ll let you know their response, but I’m betting on the order of $500.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom