Ways to handle cash in your home game (1 Viewer)

Taghkanic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
In most home games I play in—including my own—the chips are sitting in a case near whoever is running the “box.” When someone buys in, once the Box Guy has counted out the chips, and everything’s been verified, the cash gets thrown into the box, on top of the chips, then closed.

By the end of the night, there is usually a sloppy mess of bills in the box.

This seems... Less than ideal.

I’ve not had any errors in my game, but I’d like to come up with another method of holding the cash.

What do people use instead? A pouch? A second, actual box?

In most home games I play in—including my own—the chips are sitting in a case near whoever is running the “box.” When someone buys in, once the Box Guy has counted out the chips, and everything’s been verified, the cash gets thrown into the box, on top of the chips, then closed.

I’ve not had any errors in my game, but I’d like to come up with another method of holding the cash.

I use a shoebox with a hole cut in the top. A gift from my group. They called it a "custom" cash box. Before this, I used a cigar box.
1553808211677177197995795860753.jpg

Bank bag.

I use a little tin container with a lid (it's actually Christmas themed). It sits on a little table with the chips right by my seat so I can reach everything. I've been considering adding a drawer under the table though to hold the cash and chips for rebuys so everything can be right there in front of me for easy access.

If you ain't fanny packin', you ain't trying.
  • For tournaments there is literally a pile of bills on the coffee table until after the rebuy period where I'll clean it up and organize payouts, side payouts and the championship game prize pool. It's fine but it's a low stakes game. Sometimes people email money transfer but I don't love that.
  • For cash games it usually ends up in my pocket.

I have a money slot and lockbox built into the table but the bills always get messed up. Once in a while if there is a long pee break or something I will take the wad of bills out and organize them a little.

Worst is at the end of a long night...say 3:30am and I’ve been drinking. I’m never drunk but often the beer on top of tiredness makes cashing out very tedious

I used to do that but I stopped because I would sometimes grab the money from the wrong pocket. Zippered bank bag solved the problem.

The only hiccup that I've had with this system is when we've had tournaments and cash running simultaneously. Then I'll just use envelopes for the tournament.

Black zipper pencil bag.. has clear panel so I can see cash. Gets folded up and put into my hip pocket. It has two compartments.. one is for the bank, the other is for my spare change (prob 200-300 in $1’s, $5’s, $20, etc)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom