Waterpic for Cleaning Chips? (1 Viewer)

duckdrummer

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using a Waterpic to get grime out of crevices? If it works for cleaning teeth, it seems to me it might work very well indeed for chips too. It would sort of be like power washing your chips. I might have to try this.

i've always stuck to oxy soap, toothbrush with lots of elbow grease and the occasional tooth pick.

Has anyone tried using a Waterpic to get grime out of crevices? If it works for cleaning teeth, it seems to me it might work very well indeed for chips too. It would sort of be like power washing your chips. I might have to try this.

Good idea. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. It might eliminate a lot of the elbow grease needed for manual cleaning. I guess the only downside is that it would still require you to handle each chip individually (as does manual cleaning with a toothbrush or Magic Eraser). So, the time required to get a large batch of chips done is still going to be relatively long when compared to an ultrasonic cleaner.

i've always stuck to oxy soap, toothbrush with lots of elbow grease and the occasional tooth pick.

This method has worked well for me. Chip gunk (or compression molded dirt) really gets caked on so I don't believe a water pick would work as well as the method ellased mentioned.

The splash effect should be enough to discourage the waterpic. If it's not, then imagine compressed skin cell gunk splashing about as well. Splashing in your face. your mouth.
razz.gif

I've used an inexpensive electric toothbrush (after an oxy soak) with success.

I bought my wife a 600 pc set of roulettes the last time I added to my collection. she started going at all the nooks and crevices with a fine sewing needle. Her chips came out immaculate, but watching her do that just hardened my resolve to ONLY buy mint chips from here on out. Cleaning SUCKS.

The splash effect should be enough to discourage the waterpic. If it's not, then imagine compressed skin cell gunk splashing about as well. Splashing in your face. your mouth.
razz.gif

splash Ah, I didn't think of that. You'd have to have one of those all-over suits and a HAZMAT team of cleaners on-hand for afterwards.

I suppose you could fill a reservoir and work below the water line to minimize splash.

splash Ah, I didn't think of that. You'd have to have one of those all-over suits and a HAZMAT team of cleaners on-hand for afterwards.

I suppose you could fill a reservoir and work below the water line to minimize splash.

I like where you are going with that, but the time needed to clean chips in quantity means a lot of time with hands submerged. Gloves would help (I would likely use them with the toothbrush standard anyway), but you would need to frequently dump the reservoir as the waterpic filled it up. I'm just afraid that the process is just more time consuming and more effort than just using a toothbrush.

Now if you could build an conveyor belt, recycle the reservoir water (with filters) back into the water-pic, and have the pick sweep back and forth automatically. You would have something... like a really, really small car wash.

Does anyone have one of those Matchbox/Hot Wheels car washes? :D

The detailing with a pick of any sort sounds brutal; now I’ll have to get mint chips to avoid this problem…jeez

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom