Watches pron thread: Investment or bubble?! - Nevertheless: What kind of high value watches do you like / own?! (1 Viewer)

5aces

Full House
Reaction score
Hi there,

worlds got crazy and a lot of people try to invest in values like gold, houses, shares and poker chips for sure. ;)
Next to poker chip I like watches. I prefer Rolex, because the value looks pretty stable if you are able to buy from the source.

My first Rolex was a Sea Dweller - Deepsea in steal with a black dial. - Sold after some years of usage.
Meanwhile I have bought a GMT Master II (steal with black dial again) and now an additional Submariner "Kermit" from 2008.
Next watch might be a Daytona in white gold with a rubber bracelet. We will see...
ED4B49FA-8C1F-40B4-A812-B5F26AB6604E.JPG

If you are also addicted to high value watches please feel free to post your pron.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

I've got a 16610 sub... Want a new sub without date/cyclops... I want simplicity.

Maybe I should edit as not everyone knows Rolex code.... I have a Rolex 16610 submariner with cyclops date from 2008. Want new no date Rolex sub - the fewer complications for me. Fuck PF

I would never buy a watch for an investment, though I guess the fact that everyone does is what keeps the Rolex lists long and the prices rising.

Overspending watch noobs are even more annoying than overspending chip noobs

I would never buy a watch for an investment, though I guess the fact that everyone does is what keeps the Rolex lists long and the prices rising.

Overspending watch noobs are even more annoying than overspending chip noobs
If you ever looked up the prices of these watches, I agree it's retarded, but they do hold their value. Better than stupid fucking poker chips.

I apologize in advance... smoking my pipe while imbibing on many bourbons..... judgement not up to par.

I can't take a picture of my watch. Because I'm holding it while typing this post.

But here's a screenshot.

Screenshot_20200710-220241_Chrome.jpg

If you ever looked up the prices of these watches, I agree it's retarded, but they do hold their value. Better than stupid fucking poker chips.
Oh I'm well aware. I've got a speedy myself and I could probably sell it for not too far off what I paid for it (I got 25% discount and 10% tax back taking it overseas) and they don't do nearly as well as rolexes.

A high end watch is a far better use of money than a cheap one, which is the definition of a waste of money.

I just don't like to think of them as Investments. It's all about enjoyment

I agree, I like them for the mechanical aspect. A tiny machine that keeps impressive time. A miniature miracle of man.

If we can create this. clearly we are not completely useless. I know I'm useless, but someone knows their shit.

Oh I'm well aware. I've got a speedy myself and I could probably sell it for not too far off what I paid for it (I got 25% discount and 10% tax back taking it overseas) and they don't do nearly as well as rolexes.

A high end watch is a far better use of money than a cheap one, which is the definition of a waste of money.

I just don't like to think of them as Investments. It's all about enjoyment

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I wouldn't call a cheap watch the definition of a waste of money, lol. I can think of so many things higher on the "waste of money - list" then buying a $10 watch that will serve its purpose for a year.

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I wouldn't call a cheap watch the definition of a waste of money, lol. I can think of so many things higher on the "waste of money - list" then buying a $10 watch that will serve its purpose for a year.
Yeah I wasn't being at all clear.

And I don't really mean all "cheap" watches. What I really mean is the crappy fashion brands charging between $200-$600 AUD. Those things are crap and break all the time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom