Was there ever Star Trek themed poker set? (1 Viewer)

Tha reminds me Houston, Texas 2001. Me and my friends visited local bar. Well, we chose wrong one...

I get that, but you ever see the idiots on online poker where its play money....every other call is ALL-IN
Online is very different from playing with people you know. Online has no social aspect, IMO the main component in poker. If you jammed constantly in real life, at best, your friends would belittle you mercilessly. At worst, they wouldn't invite you back because you disrespect the spirit of the game.

Online free poker ≠ free poker with friends.

Hilton made some Star Trek chips, but they are just $5 singles. The Kirk and Spock are quite valuable, the rest are $10-15 each.
Yes. I have a full set of the Star Trek set from 1 year, but the year before they did Spock and Kirk and they were selling for over a hundo each and I pussed out shelling out that kind of cash.

Yes. I have a full set of the Star Trek set from 1 year, but the year before they did Spock and Kirk and they were selling for over a hundo each and I pussed out shelling out that kind of cash.
Wise decision

Star Wars failed to play poker in any of it's numerous seedy bar/cantata scenes.

Cause Earth things are not related to StarWars, in SW there are Sabacc, Binspo, Hintaro, Tregald and Pazaak just to name a few

:)

Yes, BSG was an excellent series !

Poker-Night.jpg

A game of "Pyramid" on which kids can gamble when adults smoke on TV
Ahhh.... those old good days...

Online is very different from playing with people you know. Online has no social aspect, IMO the main component in poker. If you jammed constantly in real life, at best, your friends would belittle you mercilessly. At worst, they wouldn't invite you back because you disrespect the spirit of the game.

Online free poker ≠ free poker with friends.
Ah, but your assessment totally ignores a third option -- online play with people you know (online or otherwise)..... such as the PCF tournaments on PokerStars. It's online, yet has a powerful and very real social aspect.

You should join us sometime. :)

Ah, but your assessment totally ignores a third option -- online play with people you know (online or otherwise)..... such as the PCF tournaments on PokerStars. It's online, yet has a powerful and very real social aspect.

Did not know about PCF tournaments on PS. Can you direct me how to join?

My friend has majestic chips with Star Trek labels. He bought them from someone else, but I haven’t learned the history beyond that.

The chips have a different ship on each denomination and Section 31 as the description. I can get pictures or more info If anyone wants that.

My friend has majestic chips with Star Trek labels. He bought them from someone else, but I haven’t learned the history beyond that.

The chips have a different ship on each denomination and Section 31 as the description. I can get pictures or more info If anyone wants that.
Sure Calvin...

I was there in the early days of the PCF P* games, but I dropped off because I'm either ignoring Liz to play poker (the better player of the two of us), or Liz also plays, which would draw serious suspicion about collusion (if either of us ever won). That's assuming the software even would allow two players from the same IP address.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom