Warning for new members joining site (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick friendly warning for new members joining the site in search of a cheap poker set. I joined PCF about a year and a half ago after lurking for a bit as I was interested in buying a small majestic cash set and small Milano tourney set. I now have neither of these things but do have a 800+ HSI Paulson RHC cash set, a small super poker world micro cash set and am currently looking at a 800+ chip customised tourney set. I also have 30+ dealer buttons, 30+ cut cards and 10+ card set ups from various companies not to mention a drawer full of samples. It's not just a rabbit hole, it's a whole warren. Don't say you have not been warned!
Very well said!!

People will tell you to set a budget. My recommendation is to identify the chips you like, then either buy them or save up for them. This will save you time and money in the long run. At least that's what I keep telling myself.:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score

Lil Tuna

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bellied up for some China Clays, now trying to hold the line at 2,500 Paulson and CPC chips.

Also, perusing ads for “grail” sets that average $20 per chip and thinking “seems reasonable”. SMH.

P.S. And I’ve done live chip harvesting for sport.
1648760325591.jpeg

DRG

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New PCF member here. I too am getting sucked into the vortex. I find myself reading through a couple of interesting posts only to find that I look up and three hours have past! Now I have the bug to get another (relatively) inexpensive CC set.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I now have neither of these things but do have a 800+ HSI Paulson RHC cash set, a small super poker world micro cash set and am currently looking at a 800+ chip customised tourney set. I also have 30+ dealer buttons, 30+ cut cards and 10+ card set ups from various companies not to mention a drawer full of samples.
Great start! Give it a few more years, I have a very long list of reasons (excuses) to buy new chips.

Jeevansluck

Straight Flush
Reaction score
New PCF member here. I too am getting sucked into the vortex. I find myself reading through a couple of interesting posts only to find that I look up and three hours have past! Now I have the bug to get another (relatively) inexpensive CC set.
So you found your way to the nuthouse.

Welcome brother! As I mentioned before, tread lightly.

philhut

Flush
Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick friendly warning for new members joining the site in search of a cheap poker set. I joined PCF about a year and a half ago after lurking for a bit as I was interested in buying a small majestic cash set and small Milano tourney set. I now have neither of these things but do have a 800+ HSI Paulson RHC cash set, a small super poker world micro cash set and am currently looking at a 800+ chip customised tourney set. I also have 30+ dealer buttons, 30+ cut cards and 10+ card set ups from various companies not to mention a drawer full of samples. It's not just a rabbit hole, it's a whole warren. Don't say you have not been warned!
It could be worse, I updated the Gallery recently lol.... I didn't take a shot of cards but I have a lot of Modiano decks in various varieties.
post #466 Current Chip set collection

I can honestly say that the "grand cardroom" will be the first set of "Samples" that I have ever ordered....I am a jump in with both feet eyes closed kind of guy.

bezerkus

Pair
Reaction score
China clay Pharaohs were the gateway drug for me... I thought it was enough, until I got my first barrel of Paulson's and a sample set of CPC's a few years back. Now the chips are so nice and half of me wants to do this at the beginning of one of my poker games:

notouching-arresteddevelopment.gif

Pony

Sitting Out
Reaction score
ME: "hey honey, I'm gonna get some chips"
WIFEY: "how much are they?"
ME: "well, there's a deal I'm checking out, and they're only about $8.00 per chip"
WIFEY: "H.E.L.L. NO, we've got chips at home!!!!"

The chips at home......
chips.JPG

tabletalker7

Full House
Reaction score
ME: "hey honey, I'm gonna get some chips"
WIFEY: "how much are they?"
ME: "well, there's a deal I'm checking out, and they're only about $8.00 per chip"
WIFEY: "H.E.L.L. NO, we've got chips at home!!!!"

The chips at home......
View attachment 923202
If you use the $8 a chip as a starting point, you can easily end the discussion with $1 a chip being "permissable". That can land you custom ceramics.

Top Bottom