Want to see some luck? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
10NL Blitz on ACR. Not enough hands on V for HUD stats to mean anything. Going to show V's hole cards from the start.

V RFI 2BB on BN. Hero calls in BB.

1655398676069.png

Hero flops a straight and leads for 1/2 pot. V calls with the gutter, runner-runner NFD and 2 overs.

1655398706886.png

Turn pairs the board but hero fires an overbet, about 120% pot. V calls with the gutter?? V has 3% equity right now.

1655398781732.png

Of course V binks the gutter. Hero leads for pot, V jams, Her snaps and we chop, losing 5.5 BB :(
Dont know how this guy made it to the river ...

1655398893395.png

1655398954594.png

If V is floating with shit like that, he won't be around for too long - just hope you are in the hand when he does not luckbox the river.

But I'm confused, why did you lose 5.5BB?

I think rake is 5% capped at $3 or something. It is hard to beat this game - I'm up so far in 2022 but it is tough.

I think rake is 5% capped at $3 or something. It is hard to beat this game - I'm up so far in 2022 but it is tough.
You should compare how much you are up against your share of the rake in your hand history. I'm guessing it's startling.

You are just donating to the cardroom.

And here's why I do it. LJ limps. Hero in HJ raises to 4.5 BB, SB 3! to 15 BB.
LJ folds, Hero calls. This is a pretty low frequency call here I think but I am in position so we gamble.

1655404648964.png

Hero flops pretty well = front door straight flush draw. V bets 1/2 pot.
I think I have 8 NFD outs, 4 gutshot outs and maybe 3 Aces for 15 outs or 60% equity which puts me ahead of KK/QQ.
Hero raises 3x.

1655404761077.png

V jams and I snap it off. KK no spade so Hero is ahead but needs to hit an out to scoop.

1655404938856.png

** BOOM **

1655404997934.png

Rake on that hand was 13 BB ($1.30) on a 261.6 BB pot!
High entertainment value though!!

Full rake schedule NL/PL on ACR:

1655405004526.png

Obviously this massively disfavors micro-stakes. Raking a max of 30 BB from $0.05/0.10 is cruise-ship-level profiteering, even if the percent is only 5%.

Skill alone can't beat this unless you're consistently getting nothing but opponents from 2003. My impression from talking to people is that online poker is not only not that soft anymore, but is typically much tougher than live at equivalent stakes. If you're up so far this year, you've had a lot of luck on your side.

Also: I was fully expecting Villain to run out two hearts on you. That would've been lucky.

I have thought about moving up in stakes but honestly if I'm barely beating this game I dont think I'm good enough.
Really all I need to do is fold a little more to double my win rate but I'm not sure I can do it. Folding is hard (and boring = hat tip to RampagePoker!).

I have thought about moving up in stakes but honestly if I'm barely beating this game I dont think I'm good enough.
Really all I need to do is fold a little more to double my win rate but I'm not sure I can do it. Folding is hard (and boring = hat tip to RampagePoker!).
The house has an industrial vacuum sucking chips off the table every hand. I guarantee that's a major factor in why you're only barely eking out a win.

Moving up from $0.05/0.10 to just $0.10/0.20 would cut that rake cap in half, to 15 BB. At $0.25/0.50, it'll only be 6 BB, which at 5% isn't too bad as these things go (though still atrocious for online poker with no traditional cardroom overhead).

The big question is whether these jumps in stakes would entail a significant jump in skill. But man, the skill jump would have to be truly gargantuan to hit you harder than a doubled rake cap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom