Want some thoughts on low stakes Frac custom set - National Parks themed? (2 Viewers)

Richard Ye

Sitting Out
Reaction score
As I predicted, joining PCF is going to be really bad for my wallet so am looking to invest in a custom set as I play in NYC. I play a variety of stakes but find .1/.2 and .25/.5 the most comfortable so want to gear my set towards these (like meeting new people through the game). Thus, the workhorse chips are likely to be the .25 and the $1 chips.

Have some ideas for a theme but deciding between a national park inlay theme versus just my own name as well.

On the national parks note - I plan on making each chip inlay a mural of a national park. The idea is to get New Yorkers to get out of the city and remind themselves theres so much more than the hussle and bussle of being in the nation's largest city.

Happy to take any feedback I can - my chipping journey is just getting started.

Denoms: grey - flexible (nickels or larger denoms), pink - .25, blue - $1, red - $5, yellow - $20

Attachments

• 50b68503-3d31-47b6-b76f-4ae2fcfd8d65.png
    50b68503-3d31-47b6-b76f-4ae2fcfd8d65.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 153
I, personally, dislike using a pink quarter with a red $5. How about white or purple?
Definitely these colors are difficult for people with color blind issues, which is actually more common then people realize.

I absolutely love $.10/$.20 pot limit for mixed games (not holdem) for some reason $.05/$.10 plays too small and boring but .1/.2 usually gets raised to $.60 with lots of callers and allows you to see a ton of flops cheap (good for friendly games) and still with typically 5 - 7 seeing flops, the pot is still enough that you can hit the gas post flop. Great game, we do $40 buy ins (200 BB plenty healthy)

The issue is,most cash games we play are $.25/$.50 and use quarters while in the $.1/$.2 game we use dimes and $.50... 3 fracs for one set... uggh, but there is always the option to just make a $.50 and then make the lowest non denominated so it can be $.10 or $.25... not ideal but keeps you from having to purchase additional racks of chips.

Love the National Parks Idea... not sure how to go about capturing the full intent there but looking forward to seeing where this one goes!

The issue is,most cash games we play are $.25/$.50 and use quarters while in the $.1/$.2 game we use dimes and $.50... 3 fracs for one set... uggh, but there is always the option to just make a $.50 and then make the lowest non denominated so it can be $.10 or $.25... not ideal but keeps you from having to purchase additional racks of chips.
Why not just get a rack of nickels instead of worrying to get dimes and half-dollar chips just for .10/.20? Would make the set flexible for those stakes and .25/.50 without switching sets or denominations at least.

Great idea !!

My son and I have recently started on a journey to visit the parks. We knocked a few off the list last year and have a lot more planned for this year and next. I had a similar idea to make a set based on the favorites that we visit to be passed along to him when he is ready for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom