Waddya think? (1 Viewer)

Wils

Flush
Reaction score
41CuERYyDWL._SY400_.jpg What do you reckon is underneath the wooden racetrack? Does the speed cloth and padding continue underneath it, or not?

Basically I like the table but not the racetrack. If I could just take the racetrack off, and hey presto! I'm left with a perfectly fine table underneath it, I'd take it off.

But... I'd rather not even start doing that if I'm just going to fuck up an otherwise fine table (it's a cheap table so not worth remedial padding or SSC, but not that cheap that I can afford to bugger it up when I could just use as is, or sell it on).

Thoughts? If anyone here has experience of these tables and has removed the racetrack, I'd like to know what your experience was (I'm guessing that the wood is just glued on, so even if the table were perfect underneath it, taking the wood off would spoil it anyway, but you never know)...

The table is usually one sheet of plywood and the padded section is cut out, covered, and then fitted back inside the oval racetrack so that the racetrack and padded section are essentially flush. The rail is then screwed to the racetrack so removing the racetrack will not work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom