Vote on the solid color progression (1 Viewer)

Which is the best color progression?

• Total voters

Johnblue

Flush
Reaction score
So this set is officially almost done! Haha, 2000 chips now and a great breakdown for 5 table deep stack with rebuys. (Still need 3 barrels of the gold 25 chip) but other than that it’s good to go, and I don’t anticipate 5 tables anytime soon, but I am hoping to start a league in 2020, and do bi-monthly big games. T25000 with rebuys.

Before I finalize the relabel and start drilling...
I am torn between the purple and the grey. I think I have it figured out, I have 400 of each, so it could go either way. The purple is one of my favorite colors here, and it would suck to have it go out of the game so early... but the grey is pretty classy in the 5k position...

So what say you PCF?

Purple in the 5000?
7F30D932-DA52-46BB-A645-EC6D03E0A91D.jpeg

Purple in the 100?
DF38CE8A-69B7-4668-BF32-2D06BA5BF02F.jpeg

Final table purple
CAB7FE73-71FE-409A-BE4F-CBD3C24BD0C5.jpeg

Final table Gray
46311739-6E0D-4869-BE0F-2889078DA735.jpeg

———
Beast!
image.jpg

It’s worth considering which colors will be in play at the same time. If two colors are easy to mistake, but you will be coloring one up before/when the other comes in, then it makes it a lot easier to keep those types of chips away from each other.

Also, I have a couple of colorblind players in my tourney (which currently uses solid THC Starbursts), so I try to think about color progressions in relation to that. The light-dark scheme should help, both with colorblind and normally-sighted players.

There are actually sites online which let you upload pics to see how various forms of colorblindness “see” your image. (There are different types of colorblindness.)

Voted for the 5k, but the more I look at it, the more I think the purple belongs in the 25k spot!

Voted for the 5k, but the more I look at it, the more I think the purple belongs in the 25k spot!

Haha! Do you have 3 racks of yellow roulette mold solids? ... I do see your logic though

The yellow probably isn’t even going to come out until late final table, in the multi table games, it’s strictly to clear out the mass of 400 orange 400 purple, should we get all those into play.

That makes sense. And totally get it from a feasibility perspective. But definitely put that purple as far to the right as possible.

If we aren't doing pruple as the 500 you should do it as the 5000 in this lineup. I think the purple 100 would be too close to the red 500.

For non-standard tourney colours, I would echo the light-dark-light-dark alternating progression, whatever base colours you choose. Arc Yellow and Yellow should be as far apart as possible, same with Gold and Brown.

This is what I would do

T100 base setup. I am not a fan of that butterscotch color used as your T25 and I would just leave that color out.

100 - Gray (black would be better)
500 - Purple
1000 - Yellow
5000 - Chocolate (baby blue would be better(
25,000 - Arch Yellow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom