Vitriol (1 Viewer)

Try reading a different tone into what you see.
Sometimes it’s just humor, but you want to take it personal. Not everybody types LOL at the beginning and end of their statements.
Sometimes it’s just truly trying to get to the basics of what someone has posted, more to understand -but without body language cues it’s taken as an affront -
I also lol at anyone expecting this forum to be any different than society in general. There’s “rude” people everywhere, and it’s really how you let it affect you, since it’s your standard they aren’t living up to.

LOL Sometimes it’s just cheap therapy LOL

Yes, it's great here. Ignore the vitriol. The invective. The occasional philippic. The random contumellious post. You can do it!

I feel like I know a lot of words. But you’ve given me homework.

Yeah, that guy (FDLmold)... smh... This here is a micro stakes thread (or so I thought) and he's throwing around $50 words like they're going out of style! :mad:

:D

We as humans are programmed to believe that days past were much better. Back when you could make custom TRKs and Paulsons (without deception) for your home game. Back when people used to care about the community. Back when people weren't dicks and never flipped for profit. Back before a pandemic boosted discretionary income due to canceled plans, thus bringing in deeper-pocketed chippers, driving prices up.

The older we get, the more we lose touch with the lingo, the technology, the overall zeitgeist of the current day. This leads us to paint an overly rosy picture of the past. Chip collecting is just a microcosm of the broader environment. Some of the names may have changed, but the spirit remains the same. You can still find folks offering deals, dedicating their time to help new chippers, promulgating the chipping culture with their unique personalities. Of course you'll find some toxic people, but they are negligible in the grand scheme of the hobby.

As I get older, I'm learning to more effectively remove the toxicity from my life. If something, or someone, doesn't enhance my life, I simply move on. During periods of self-martyrdom, I've taken hiatuses from chipping, believing that PCF doesn't enrich my life, but I've been wrong. This hobby is like Hotel California - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

We as humans are programmed to believe that days past were much better. Back when you could make custom TRKs and Paulsons (without deception) for your home game. Back when people used to care about the community. Back when people weren't dicks and never flipped for profit. Back before a pandemic boosted discretionary income due to canceled plans, thus bringing in deeper-pocketed chippers, driving prices up.

The older we get, the more we lose touch with the lingo, the technology, the overall zeitgeist of the current day. This leads us to paint an overly rosy picture of the past. Chip collecting is just a microcosm of the broader environment. Some of the names may have changed, but the spirit remains the same. You can still find folks offering deals, dedicating their time to help new chippers, promulgating the chipping culture with their unique personalities. Of course you'll find some toxic people, but they are negligible in the grand scheme of the hobby.

As I get older, I'm learning to more effectively remove the toxicity from my life. If something, or someone, doesn't enhance my life, I simply move on. During periods of self-martyrdom, I've taken hiatuses from chipping, believing that PCF doesn't enrich my life, but I've been wrong. This hobby is like Hotel California - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
Okay Boomer.

interesting reading the replies. Covers two specific items I’m fascinated about.

The first being our behavior changing under the cover anonymity. While it’s well known and well documented for folks online, it’s particularly interesting to me when you look at the “anonymity” a car provides. Lots of studies showing that our behavior deteriorates driving compared to normal.

The second being how we bank away memories. Negative experiences generally have a much stronger recall, more vivid, accurate, etc. Which is why we think the negative experiences are more recent and impactful. This along with news/pop culture being so fantastical, we all think the world is worse every day. Yet, statistically, our standard raises every day.

I’ve historically taken people to task, but that was due to my own misconception on what this place was. Once I resolved that in my head and realized everyone can do whatever they want, all was well.

Only one small hiccup with people running their mouth off forum, but I had to accept that that can’t be controlled either.

Barrie’s PCF 2022 lesson:
526C8D7E-603C-4BF6-B9AE-B21DA0D0B375.jpeg

We as humans are programmed to believe that days past were much better.
These people might disagree, just one example that comes to mind easily. There are a lot of other groups in the world that would disagree quite vocally.

Sometimes a rosy picture is painted but ask anybody from that times and they will tell you endless stories

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression

Toned it down a little

Last edited:
These people might disagree, just one example that comes to mind easily. There are a lot of other groups in the world that would disagree quite vocally.

Sometimes a rosy picture is painted but ask anybody from that times and they will tell you endless stories

Toned it down a little
I think he’s speaking from a human anatomy/makeup/scientific perspective.

Someone released from a ten year bid yesterday will say their future is better than their past, but megaton is speaking generally, not for a specific scenario.

Toned it down a little
your original reference was very true tho!

I think he’s speaking from a human anatomy/makeup/scientific perspective.

Someone released from a ten year bid yesterday will say their future is better than their past, but megaton is speaking generally, not for a specific scenario.
I dunno, “the future is always brighter”. “Cheer up, things always get better”
There’s always an abstract thought that people have that when you die you “go to a better place” in some form or fashion.
Sounds like the present just always sucks.

Holy fuuuuuuck I just opened this back up.

Hi everyone :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Y’all wild. I just piggybacked off of what a few others have said, and felt like making a post about it.

Wasn’t all that serious, but apparently was a humdingerlydoo. I just made that word up for the post with the big fancy words….

I don’t know what just happened, but it turned into doctor fuckin Phil up in this mofo.

Hugs and kisses to all, there was no crime committed or reason for post, other than to echo what one said that I thought applied to ALL forums and internet of things.

Josh can stick the stick in whatever hole he wants on his person, I don’t judge.

Holy fuuuuuuck I just opened this back up.

Hi everyone :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Y’all wild. I just piggybacked off of what a few others have said, and felt like making a post about it.

Wasn’t all that serious, but apparently was a humdingerlydoo. I just made that word up for the post with the big fancy words….

I don’t know what just happened, but it turned into doctor fuckin Phil up in this mofo.

Hugs and kisses to all, there was no crime committed or reason for post, other than to echo what one said that I thought applied to ALL forums and internet of things.

Josh can stick the stick in whatever hole he wants on his person, I don’t judge.
We all love the murderer @Josh Kifer but lets leave his hole outta this convo! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom