Wanted VIP Lucky Birch chips - where can I find a large set? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeman00

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Does anyone have a set of these “VIP Lucky Birch" slugged chips in any type of quantity? Looking for $5’s, White $1, or basically any quantity. Let me know if you know where I can get some.
79F7DBC0-A9B0-443E-900A-39F2BFF3B297.jpeg
AF81D3CF-E670-4776-8D14-A7F526A873E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Try looking up Davinchi crown and wheatear chips on bulk poker chip sites. That’s the base chip. Idk if the mass produced this labeled set, however.

Try looking up Davinchi crown and wheatear chips on bulk poker chip sites. That’s the base chip. Idk if the mass produced this labeled set, however.
Interesting. Yeah, I see the base chip...had no idea the label was custom.

Those look badass
They are a slugged chip I think but yeah, they are durable and they do look good and unique for sure.

Interesting. Yeah, I see the base chip...had no idea the label was custom.

They are a slugged chip I think but yeah, they are durable and they do look good and unique for sure.
I think the fact that they all have black as a major color of both the chip and the label contributes to the bad-ass-ness of their look. They also look to have reasonably sharp edges. Although hard to be certain from these pics.

I have a couple of wheat ear chips, but mine have a flower where the crown is on yours. And on yours the wheat ear is a different color which is also super cool. If you ever get your hands on all you need, and have a few extras, I would love to add a couple of these to my large china clay / sluggo collection.

20220127_103439.jpg

I think the fact that they all have black as a major color of both the chip and the label contributes to the bad-ass-ness of their look. They also look to have reasonably sharp edges. Although hard to be certain from these pics.

I have a couple of wheat ear chips, but mine have a flower where the crown is on yours. And on yours the wheat ear is a different color which is also super cool. If you ever get your hands on all you need, and have a few extras, I would love to add a couple of these to my large china clay / sluggo collection.
Completely agree with the black giving the badass look. I think the grays were ordered by mistake and were supposed to be white. The whites are $100 and there's a pink $500 with the set...and I think that they could be customized. The set is used in an underground game and the host is looking to get more so I thought I would post something here. Oddly enough I've never seen them on the forum. The person that ordered them said it was from a company called "Lucky...." Hopefully he can find an invoice.

I thought maybe someone here had some in the closet that they would want to get rid of.

Just a heads up the old crown and wheatear chips (no discontinued) are not slugged but have a great weight for being a mass produced chip. They may have slugged these though…

Just a heads up the old crown and wheatear chips (no discontinued) are not slugged but have a great weight for being a mass produced chip. They may have slugged these though…
I will put a magnet on these tomorrow and see if they are slugged. I assumed since they were plasticky, they were slugged but I could be wrong!

These are my very favorite slugged chips. I love the design.

They were marketed a while back as "Lucky Birch". They were in stock through a retailer on Amazon and via a couple of second-hand outlets including eBay, but they ran out of stock sometime in the last year and the Amazon page is now defunct. My guess is that this was someone who had an idea for a nice graphic design and had a big batch made in China, then sold them off through Amazon, made a small profit over a couple of years as a side gig, and is now done with it.

The breakdowns sold as packaged sets on Amazon were terrible, and there was no way to buy individual denominations. I bought some before really knowing what a good breakdown was, and I've been struggling ever since to get my hands on more.

I recently saw someone selling a big batch of these on eBay as "VIP Poker Chips" (because the label says "VIP" - I'm pretty sure I'm the only person left in the world who knows what "Lucky Birch poker chips" means). I grabbed them and now finally have an okay breakdown.

I agree that the design is badass. The grey $1 and the white $100 just adds to the badassery.

Here's a product render that was used in the marketing:

1643305050664.png

And a better one:

1643305097752.png

Here's a splash pot of my own chips:

1643305147696.png

The base chip is readily available from alibaba vendors, but with different labels. I've never seen the "VIP" label again. The base chip is a "wheat and crown" chip; the base color is black, with a wheat ear in the spot color on black and three different crowns in molded into the spots. There are some other similar base chips, but with a white base instead of black. Here are some examples:

1643305422651.png

Link: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Thickness-3-3mm-Poker-Chips-Clay_60781268182.html but if you just look around you can find lots of other vendors that are selling similar chips.

If your buddy with the underground game really wants to get more of these, he could probably contact one of the alibaba vendors that's showing the same base chips, then send over a sample of the VIP chips and have the vendor duplicate the label. But if he's going to that much effort he might as well get his own custom label produced (and if he does, let me know, maybe he'll sell me his old ones!).

Good luck! If I run across any more I'll let you know.

They were marketed a while back as "Lucky Birch". They were in stock through a retailer on Amazon and via a couple of second-hand outlets including eBay, but they ran out of stock sometime in the last year and the Amazon page is now defunct. My guess is that this was someone who had an idea for a nice graphic design and had a big batch made in China, then sold them off through Amazon, made a small profit over a couple of years as a side gig, and is now done with it.

The breakdowns sold as packaged sets on Amazon were terrible, and there was no way to buy individual denominations. I bought some before really knowing what a good breakdown was, and I've been struggling ever since to get my hands on more.

I recently saw someone selling a big batch of these on eBay as "VIP Poker Chips" (because the label says "VIP" - I'm pretty sure I'm the only person left in the world who knows what "Lucky Birch poker chips" means). I grabbed them and now finally have an okay breakdown.

I agree that the design is badass. The grey $1 and the white $100 just adds to the badassery.

View attachment 853421

And a better one:

View attachment 853422

View attachment 853424

The base chip is readily available from alibaba vendors, but with different labels. I've never seen the "VIP" label again. The base chip is a "wheat and crown" chip; the base color is black, with a wheat ear in the spot color on black and three different crowns in molded into the spots. There are some other similar base chips, but with a white base instead of black. Here are some examples:

View attachment 853432

Link: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Thickness-3-3mm-Poker-Chips-Clay_60781268182.html but if you just look around you can find lots of other vendors that are selling similar chips.

If your buddy with the underground game really wants to get more of these, he could probably contact one of the alibaba vendors that's showing the same base chips, then send over a sample of the VIP chips and have the vendor duplicate the label. But if he's going to that much effort he might as well get his own custom label produced (and if he does, let me know, maybe he'll sell me his old ones!).

Great information! Much appreciated. He has tons of these chips already.

View attachment 853421

And a better one:

View attachment 853422

View attachment 853424

View attachment 853432

Any interest in a small group buy if my friend has interest buying a large quantity?

... mmmmmaybe? I could probably use a few more 1s / 5s / 25s although I don't really need many more, I'm pretty close to what I want already.

I second the suggestion to try Alibaba. If you find the vendor selling the chips they should already have the art work for the VIP label. Or maybe not if the vendor is just a reseller and the VIPs were bought from a different reseller.

I second the suggestion to try Alibaba. If you find the vendor selling the chips they should already have the art work for the VIP label. Or maybe not if the vendor is just a reseller and the VIPs were bought from a different reseller.
I just sent them an email. We'll see what they say. My thoughts match yours though...they should be able to produce these easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom