Vinyl not wide enough (1 Viewer)

haroon08

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all,

Building my first table. Went with a 6” wide rail with 1 1/2” risers for led lights. Overall height of rail is 3” and entire width (with 1” foam installed) is 50”. I ordered 3 yard of whisper vinyl from YAT and the issue I’m having is that the vinyl roll is not wide enough to wrap the entire rail! Anyone else run into this problem? How did you guys fix it. Help please!

FYI the width of the vinyl piece I received is roughly 55”.

Never mind. I see that YAT sells a 61” wide “stretchy” vinyl. Looks like that is the one I should have ordered.

If they’ll take it back then that may be your best option.

If not then you can cut a slit in the middle which will allow you to spread and cover your rails. The slit should be in the middle parallel to the long side but not all the way along. I can post a diagram later (I’m currently on my phone).

^
No need to send it back. If you cut a slit in the middle like Darson says, you should be able to stretch it easily.

Hello all,

Building my first table. Went with a 6” wide rail with 1 1/2” risers for led lights. Overall height of rail is 3” and entire width (with 1” foam installed) is 50”. I ordered 3 yard of whisper vinyl from YAT and the issue I’m having is that the vinyl roll is not wide enough to wrap the entire rail! Anyone else run into this problem? How did you guys fix it. Help please!

FYI the width of the vinyl piece I received is roughly 55”.
How wide is your table?

If they’ll take it back then that may be your best option.

If not then you can cut a slit in the middle which will allow you to spread and cover your rails. The slit should be in the middle parallel to the long side but not all the way along. I can post a diagram later (I’m currently on my phone).
Didn’t think of that! A diagram would be great!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom