• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine VINTAGE PAULSON CHIPS ( ARE THESE PAULSON TOP HAT and CANE?) (3 Viewers)

Yes and they were a good deal. I put in a best offer for $100 only because I didn't really need them. Somebody pulled the trigger on the BIN shortly afterwards.

I would say so. Sweet deal. I kinda like those colors. One of these days I'll find a set like this with my initials on it...I won't hold my breath though.

If these were manufactured in the 1960's, then Burt and Company would have made them. Pre-1965, they would have been made for Christy and Jones, after 1965 for Paulson.

Paulson apparently did not begin manufacturing their own chips until 1970, about five years after the company was formed. Here's a cool article by Howard Herz with a bunch of manufacturer info.

Will it be possible to put a sticker/label over the hot stamped chips so as to customise it ?
I tried to find stickers/labels on eBay but the designs are not that great

i am actually the buyer

Great pick up! The chips seem to be mint...

My guess is that the stamps will be as mint as the chips so kinda 'raised' above the face a bit... That could be a problem for relabeling (spinners, labels less durable, etc) although it's certainly doable...

I'd recommend GearLabels (sponsor here) if you want to print something unique... Chris also does 'resurfacing' of the stamps so the labels fit totally flat...

Good luck with the project or with the chips the way they are!

Congrats on a sweet score. Those appear to be in fantastic shape and the price was certainly right.

If they had some weird initials like QFP, I could see labeling over them. Though to do that properly is pretty labor intensive. We can probably dig up some good how-to threads if you decide to do so.

As they are, I am not sure you could find a much better monogram than "JAM" on a set of stamped chips. Maybe worth embracing as-is.

If they are the older Long Cane Chips,they don't have a recess even for 2mil labels.

hey thanks for the comments, its gonna take at least 2 weeks for the chips to arrive at my place.
needed to forward the mail to singapore from a forwarder company.

Nice score sir! For that price, quality and age, you won't even need to justify the purchase with labels.

you can try the resurfacing drilling technique if you really want your own label. Will be tedious but should be worth it. You just need time and a friend that has a machining drill.

Without a decent recess, the chips will slip and labels with wear over time.
While you are on this, please make sure your sanity is in check. Else, you will end up with #over9000!!!! Chips.

Good luck sir.

finally got the chips

image1.jpg

Finally got the chips!
Chips are crisp and stand on their own :)

Congrats on some sweet chips. Loving those colors. Enjoy! Now that you have the chips in hand, what are thinking for their future? Sticking with the stamps or labeling?

not sure what I want to do with it.
But I have offers from forummers who wanna buy it off me :)

nice pickup. I didn't see those. They have my sons initials. That could have been his first set of paulsons...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom