• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Vintage eBay Chips (1 Viewer)

mnebesny

Flush
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383780403948

Not sure if these are actually clay or if they're actually worth that much.

Screenshot (4).png

They're called paranoids, so if you search or google that term, you can learn about them. I believe I've read there's counterfeit plastic ones too, so read up.

They’re definitely clay—paranoid is a clay/polymer composite related to celluloid/French Ivory that is compression molded for chips. They come in many weights and styles ranging from 5.5g bicycle tires (still really nice) to square-edged 8g-ish chips. The ones in the ad are the 8.0g ones that kick ass! Great sound, and in the stacking department both Paulsons and ASM/CPC actually get soundly outclassed by a good set of paranoids. No joke! Paulsons and ASMs are superior in several other ways and ultimately better chips. But when considering a set of Paulsons or other serious chips, 8g paranoids are good enough to be both worthy and welcome in the discussion.

Value? For top end paranoids everybody seems to ask around $1/chip, but they never seem to sell at that price. At 50c/chip, small lots of the 9g ones are often gone in a flash.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom