Vintage chip identification (1 Viewer)

Zikariz

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Can you help me to identify these old chips. I am pretty sure those hot stamped "star" scroll chips are clay and manufactured by ABP ltd chips (London, UK).The Chips that say Invicta Chatham have different letters (values?) in them. Also in same colored chips there are different letters in some chips. I would say that those are made from plastic. Maybe these are all from UK? I have no information about the origins of these chips at the moment.

IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG
IMG_0778.JPG

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Chatham is a town in Kent very close to where I grew up. The Invicta Cinema and Ballroom was demolished in 1987 - the closest they had to gambling was bingo but I don't think they would have needed chips for that. Not sure if these chips are from there...

ASM molds licensed out to European manufacturers back in the day?
Nope. All of those molds (diamond-square, small greek key, scroll, Ewing) were produced by Burt Co., although Hispania also made chips using the scroll mold (mostly for European and South American customers). The sailboat chip might be a USPC product.

Seller had boxes that stated A.B.P ltd. London, England. I was not able to get those boxes in this deal...

416303852-orig.jpg

ABP did not manufacture chips, but merely sold and distributed chips made by others. The chips were made by either Burt Co. (of Maine, USA) or Hispania (in Spain), depending on the mold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom