Video - Who Makes Money From Professional Poker (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Lol, what an absolute turd sandwich of a fluff piece this is. It focuses completely on poker tournaments and staking, and comes across more as a free ad for the various staking sites. It presents everything with rose colored glasses, like poker staking for tournaments is just winning all the time for the investor and the player.

They make sure to show Jeff Gross winning online with Aces full and quad 10's because you know, that's just the way it is when you're a staked professional player.

And then this Lisa Costello chick they interview is 50K in makeup and only has 204K in cashes to her name (and since this piece aired she's cashed for a "whopping" 14K more). How you would stake someone with 204K in cashes between 2011-2018 AND let them get 50K in makeup to you is beyond me, but sounds like shitty "investing"

The video completely ignores discussing the various pitfalls of poker staking, tournament variance, players who have leaks outside of poker, players who oversell themselves in staking arrangements and then make sure they bust to guarantee themselves a profit, players who welch on paying their backers when they do win or the fact that the vast majority of long-term pros are making their livings playing cash games and not higher-variance tournaments with all the associated travel expenses that go along with it.

Lol, what an absolute turd sandwich of a fluff piece this is. It focuses completely on poker tournaments and staking, and comes across more as a free ad for the various staking sites. It presents everything with rose colored glasses, like poker staking for tournaments is just winning all the time for the investor and the player.

They make sure to show Jeff Gross winning online with Aces full and quad 10's because you know, that's just the way it is when you're a staked professional player.

And then this Lisa Costello chick they interview is 50K in makeup and only has 204K in cashes to her name (and since this piece aired she's cashed for a "whopping" 14K more). How you would stake someone with 204K in cashes between 2011-2018 AND let them get 50K in makeup to you is beyond me, but sounds like shitty "investing"

The video completely ignores discussing the various pitfalls of poker staking, tournament variance, players who have leaks outside of poker, players who oversell themselves in staking arrangements and then make sure they bust to guarantee themselves a profit, players who welch on paying their backers when they do win or the fact that the vast majority of long-term pros are making their livings playing cash games and not higher-variance tournaments with all the associated travel expenses that go along with it.

Play cash.

I've always wondered why CNBC did a 21 minute add for StakeKing and YouStake.

I'd love for them to do an "exposé" on my companies.

I need you to stake me for Monday. 10 bucks, and you get half my winnings. You could win 20.... Maybe 30! PERHAPS 40!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom