Video Games? (2 Viewers)

Did someone say video games?

Here's my Nintendo Setup. For the OCDs out there, don't worry! I fixed the order of the consoles from left to right, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, so all is right with the world.

I'm currently building shelf to go under the Trinitron that will house my Sega Genesis, Saturn, Dremcast, and PS2. Then, I'll just need to figure out what to do with my Xbox.

I also recently got an Analoge SuperNT, and I can't say enough good things about it. It's great for SNES on the HDTV+. I don't have an extensive cartridge collection, but I am about to pull the trigger on a few Everdrives on Black Friday to expand my access to titles.

Any one else have love for retro?
View attachment 219934
View attachment 219933
:tup:
Don't happen to have Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 do you?

Yay video games! I work on video games for a living, been doing it for the last 23+ years. If you've ever played stuff like Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty and lots others including the first WSOP game, I had my dirty hands on it lol.
Twisted Metal was one of my all time favorites! Lost many hours to that one!

Yay video games! I work on video games for a living, been doing it for the last 23+ years. If you've ever played stuff like Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty and lots others including the first WSOP game, I had my dirty hands on it lol.
wow all of these ! Especially the CoD4 MW1-3, absolutely rekt those games online.

Retrogamer here.
PS3 will probably my last console.

Currently in the process of backing up my games and building a small (siize factor) PC that can run basically anything up to PS2.

I already backed all my cartridge games up and now busy with PS1 and PS2 disc games.

Anybody else dive into Days Gone yet? I'm like 3-4 hours into it and am loving it so far. The hoards are nuts, I get crazy anxiety when I'm ripping through the woods and I come up to a group of like 50 lol. And that's a smaller hoard from what I've read.

I watched a few lets plays of it, looks like a decent game but by backlog is way to big already lol.

World War Z game also looks fun if you have a group to play with

I watched a few lets plays of it, looks like a decent game but by backlog is way to big already lol.

World War Z game also looks fun if you have a group to play with
Yeah I bought that too (I love zombie games/movies, etc.) If you played Left 4 Dead, it's exactly like that. Tones of zombies, "special" zombies, just get your team from point A to point B, lots of guns, you have to defend areas when the hordes attack. It's a lot of fun.

Recently bought a Switch and I'm working my way through the 1st party Nintendo catalogue. Really impressed with both Mario Odyssey and Zelda BoTW.

Been playing DayZ Standalone on XBOX. Will probably switch back to playing it on PC on my own private hive server to keep the cheaters away. The game has come a long way since BETA. It has base building, grow and harvest your own food, you can fish and hunt too.

Been playing DayZ Standalone on XBOX. Will probably switch back to playing it on PC on my own private hive server to keep the cheaters away. The game has come a long way since BETA. It has base building, grow and harvest your own food, you can fish and hunt too.

Hmm, I played hundreds of hours of the original Arma2 DayZ. Some of the best gaming moments and fond memories of my life.

Perhaps I'll look back into the standalone.

Hmm, I played hundreds of hours of the original Arma2 DayZ. Some of the best gaming moments and fond memories of my life.

Perhaps I'll look back into the standalone.

Same here with the original Dayz A2 Mod.

There a few glitches with the latest 1.02 version of DayZ standalone. One makes base building useless on the public servers because of server hopping. If you come up to a base that can't be accessed, you just have to log out on the server, log into another server, go into the area that was inaccessible, log out and back in on the server with that base and now you are inside of it. :tdown:

If you get back into playing on PC, let me know. I should have a private hive server setup next week.

I have probably 20K plus games and I play a ton. I would like to get a golden tee game but they are either really expensive or I know nothing about arcade 1 up machines.

Just finished to build my first game rig (PC).

It was very fun to chose the components and assemble them.

Next step : install my GOG.com library. :)

I'm back playing Darkest Dungeon. It's very atmospheric with amazing sound and voiceovers. But the game can be a bit of a grind. I actually went really deep in the game but then got exhausted from it and took awhile off.

I'm getting back into that save now, molding my adventurers and getting them ready to tackle some of the final levels. It's a bit of an unforgiving game though, deaths are permanent and it can take awhile to train your adventurers up to max (and lock in positive quirks, remove negative ones, etc)

The biggest bit of advice I can give anyone considering the game is this: Treat your heroes as disposables. Treat them like a bullet in your gun, they will get used up. Don't become attached to them. Your "hero" that you're really leveling up is your hamlet. I have mine maxed, now I just need to keep enough adventurers alive and leveled up, and gather the right trinkets for them and then send them into..........The Darkest Dungeon

dungeon.jpg

I'm back playing Darkest Dungeon. It's very atmospheric with amazing sound and voiceovers. But the game can be a bit of a grind. I actually went really deep in the game but then got exhausted from it and took awhile off.

I'm getting back into that save now, molding my adventurers and getting them ready to tackle some of the final levels. It's a bit of an unforgiving game though, deaths are permanent and it can take awhile to train your adventurers up to max (and lock in positive quirks, remove negative ones, etc)

The biggest bit of advice I can give anyone considering the game is this: Treat your heroes as disposables. Treat them like a bullet in your gun, they will get used up. Don't become attached to them. Your "hero" that you're really leveling up is your hamlet. I have mine maxed, now I just need to keep enough adventurers alive and leveled up, and gather the right trinkets for them and then send them into..........The Darkest Dungeon

View attachment 285676

My cousin and I just beat the game for the first time on PS4 a couple months ago. I tried to play on Stygian for a second playthrough and holy moly, you haven't seen anything until then.

I play console on the PS4. PSN is Sheikh-34-Truth

Currently I'm playing Anthem (bit of a let down but I still like it), Division 2, and I'll play some CoD4 Remastered just to reminisce lol. Also still need to beat Kingdom Hearts 3, and Horizon Zero Dawn. I play Switch as well. Mainly play Smash Bros at this point. BoTW and Mario Odyssey were also amazing games.

Just an FYI, new update to red dead online this week and you don’t need psn to play it online till the 25th
Adding content? I haven't touched it since beating it like a month after it came out. Damned good game. In the wise words of Dutch van der Linde

"Awwwwwtha, we need MO money!"

Adding content? I haven't touched it since beating it like a month after it came out. Damned good game. In the wise words of Dutch van der Linde

"Awwwwwtha, we need MO money!"
I haven’t even beat single player lol, played it a lot though.

Apparently it added new story missions to online, a bunch of quality of life stuff to combat griefing, new game modes, ect.

Online was fun when i played just because I didn’t care about karma as much as in single player. I should finish my good guy play through so I can do a bad guy one...

Nice, When I beat the single player I was pretty far on the good guy scale. I also wanted to do a run as a complete jerk to see what game differences I'd encounter. I'm guessing it'll just be more police chases and stuff.

Red Dead Redemption (1st) is the most recent game I beat.

How the 2 compare to the first one ? (Except on the graphics aspect of course)

It’s epic and the world has a crazy amount of detail. So far (for me) the story is just as good; I have spent a ton of time just riding around the world interacting with all the little stuff.

A few QOL things get in the way, but it’s been so long since I played the first one that it may have had similar issues

Picked up Hades (by Supergiant of Bastion/Pyre fame) the other day in the Epic Games sale that's running thru 6/13.

Really enjoying it so far. If you are into roguelikes it's well worth the $10.

Just bought the final season of the walking dead. Not sold on Steam anymore since telltale games went under, so had to buy on epic games. Was only $5 on sale

Going to finish darkest dungeon first, then tackle TWD and see how Clems story concludes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom