Video Game Chips - need help (1 Viewer)

Dogmeat from Fallout

7D70977D-BED6-416A-8E79-68F04F8DBF2D.jpeg

I thought hard about Tecmo Bo on a brown chip. I decided the racial undertones of putting a black man, with brown skin, in a black uniform, on a brown chip with Donkey Kong on the other side was a little on the edge of inappropriate. Definitely iconic as hell though. I've not ruled out changing my brown chip to black, at which point I could include him, send Donkey Kong packing, and find another suitable black-colored video game sprite to go with Bo.

I thought hard about Tecmo Bo on a brown chip. I decided the racial undertones of putting a black man, with brown skin, in a black uniform, on a brown chip with Donkey Kong on the other side was a little on the edge of inappropriate. Definitely iconic as hell though. I've not ruled out changing my brown chip to black, at which point I could include him, send Donkey Kong packing, and find another suitable black-colored video game sprite to go with Bo.
Ha I was going to suggest Mike Tyson from Punch out but that felt borderline at best

Ha I was going to suggest Mike Tyson from Punch out but that felt borderline at best
He wears black trunks. Tyson on one side, Bo on the other of a black chip. They're both wearing black uniforms, so it fits quite nicely. That could work, and might be even better than Donkey Kong and Duck Hunt Dog on a brown chip.

Ghosts and Goblins is the most impossible game ever.
I was worse at Bayou Billy. But yes, they made some very difficult Nintendo games. I did very well at Zelda II Adventures of Link, however, and that one is supposedly very hard too.

Blaze or Max from Streets of Rage?

BC760C0D-409B-4556-8FDE-9A76AFC9A3CC.jpeg
2CD706DF-47AA-43E7-A3C9-9E22C979CB06.png

Maybe too much color on the rest of their getup?

Digging through my games, stumbled over this guy… maybe one of the more popular mega drive games, altered beast
E675DBEC-E7E8-470A-BABB-B20A7C885B49.jpeg

View attachment 763564

I have an irrational hatred of Sonic, as I've mentioned previously. I have an irrational dislike of Metroid. I HATED the music/sounds for that game, and muted it when I played.
Maybe just a product of my age when it came out, but to me the iconic Metroid game is super Metroid.

Got anything from castlevania? Again, my reference is super castlevania Iv.

So now I’m looking for an iconic green video game character. What do you have for me? And not Link. Already using him. Was going to use a Minecraft creeper, but I don’t like him.

OK I've got some ideas of games I've forgotten about now. When you've been playing video games for 40 years, some of them do not come to mind right away.

Can anybody think of a prominent green sprite from a first person shooter video game? Anything from Wolfenstein to Doom to Halo to CoD.

Never heard of it. I should go look it up.

Edit - ahhhhhhh Mac only, thus why I never heard of it or played it.

Last edited:
So now I’m looking for an iconic green video game character. What do you have for me? And not Link. Already using him. Was going to use a Minecraft creeper, but I don’t like him.

I know you said you had taken Street Fighter off the list, but Blanka would make a good green character.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom